Fahrenheit 911 - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Review It!

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Closed Thread

Fahrenheit 911 Fahrenheit 911

Unread 07-02-2004, 09:34 PM
Fahrenheit 911

Hi Libby,

There is some language (along the lines of what Vice President Cheney said to a US Senator on the Senate floor last week.. ) and the movie shows the blood & guts of war. There is some graphic footage from the war on Iraq. Disturbing, for sure. There is a beheading shown. It's shot from quite a distance, but you can tell what's happening. War really is he**.
None of it is dramatized, it's the real thing, what's really happening over there.

Maybe your friend would want to see it first, then go again with her child if she felt it was ok for her.

Hope this helps a little bit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-02-2004, 09:48 PM
Fahrenheit 911

thanks a bunch xenapower...I think I will offer to go see it with her first....sounds like this movie is a real eye opener.
Unread 07-03-2004, 12:21 AM
Fahrenheit 911

Quote:
Originally posted by Sybie
Everyone does agree that we need to wrap this up and bring them all home but it will not happen overnight! We can not leave these people in this state. They need to become steady and strong. If the troops left now the Al-Queda would take over in no time and we'd be right back in there! Please do not insult my husband and the many other service men and women. Yes, soldiers have died, they died and it is very sad but I can tell you I don't know a single one that wouldn't do it all over again! This is their job, this is what they trained for. Nobody likes war, that isn't the point. The point is just don't insult our service people, okay? Whenever someone dies for a reason that doesn't make any sense to the survivors they immediatley look for something or someone to blame.
I am in TOTAL agreement with you Sybie.
People hated Bush when he didn't send our troops over there fast enough. Now they hate him because he sent them over there. How quickly people forget.

"You can please some of the people some of the time, BUT you can't please all of the people all of the time!"

These service men & women know that when they sign up that there's a chance they will go to war. And a chance they will die in war. They still sign up. God bless them!

My middle DS will be turning 17 on July 26....and guess what? He is signing up for early enlistment. Yes, you can sign up at 17 years old. It is a year served while they finish high school. Ask me if I'm proud.....I'M BURSTING!!!!! - I was a Petty Officer 2nd Class - Hospital Corpsman in the Naval Reserves for a few years. I was in my early 30's when I joined. Yes, you can still join at a later age. I was APG =advance pay grade. I used my civilian skills to serve. I was a LPN for 10 years. Sad to say, I had to get out due to medical reasons a few years later. But if I could, I would go over there in a minute! So fast it would make your head swim!

No greater love has he than a man who would lay down his life for another. - I love that verse!

Just my --- Many hugs, Trina
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-03-2004, 09:46 AM
Fahrenheit 911

Hi Trina,

My youngest DS is enlisting in the Army in October. He's 21, and his dad is pushing him to go into the Green Berets (my ex-husband is a Green Beret medic.) I'm hoping if he does that he'll be stationed in Ft. Lewis, Washington, where his dad is and not sent to Iraq.

I'm so proud that my son wants to do this, but also very, very worried. I would just die if anything happened to him.

My prayers will be for the protection of both our sons.

s,

Lisa
Unread 07-03-2004, 03:39 PM
Fahrenheit 911

Oh yes! I will pray for them both also. s to you!

One day, a few months back, we were riding in the car and discussing his future military career. I was fretting and worried. (even though I didn't let him know) That's one of my babies! -Anyway.....I asked him, "does it bother you....." That is all that I got out. He finished my question for me. He said, "does it bother me that in less than 2 years, I could be sent somewhere and die in war?" Oh my God!!!!!! He knew exactly what I was thinking! God bless him! - And his answer was No...it didn't bother him. - I gave him to God a long time ago and trust that God will keep him in his care.

This is something he has talked about since he was like 6 years old. He's got his eye on the marines. Or possibly the army. (Army Rangers) And recruiters are calling him left and right...and he isn't even 17 yet!

Well....about the movie....probably won't ever see it. Don't go to the theaters much. & When we rent videos, it is usually a comedy. Something fun!
Unread 07-03-2004, 05:14 PM
Fahrenheit 911

:Hug: and *Pray* to all of you with loved ones in the military, no matter where they are stationed. We are all so very proud, of not only them, but also of you!!!
My father was a WWII Vet, and nobody could have been more proud to be an American. He remained in the National Guard until his age/rank(Col.) forced him to retire. It was one of the saddest days of his life.
I give you this background and ask you all to please continue to pray for our troops, be as proud as you can possible be, and be ready to support them when they return.
I also ask you to see this film with an open mind, realizing that it is meant to be one sided, however, if we only look at the side we are on...we miss the chance to learn, grow, and question..I do not believe that you can be sure of anyting until you have fully examined the other side, and then and only then can you be so sure you are right. This was one of the most important lessons my father passed on to me.
Unread 07-04-2004, 05:49 AM
Fahrenheit 911

Okay, it's opening here on July 8th, so then I can see it, and put my in.
Unread 07-04-2004, 09:00 AM
Fahrenheit 911

Annesstratton,

those are very wise words...I will post what I think of the movie after I see it
Unread 07-08-2004, 10:06 PM
Fahrenheit 911

If Michael Moore hates this country so much he is free to move to another. IMO he should get down on his knees and thank the men and women who serve this country, from the Privates to the President, for risking thier lives everyday so that he IS FREE to spout his garbage here in "evil America" as he calls it. I for one will not spend a single cent to ever see his "movies" or read his books. I know all I ever want or need to about his views after listening to him speak.

I can also tell you that I asked at our local theater how well his movie was playing here outside of Pittsburgh and was told it wasn't selling many tickets at all around here.

s

Donna
Unread 07-14-2004, 02:46 PM
Fahrenheit 911

I know Michael Moore. While I don't always agree with his tactics, he IS an American, and VERY pro-America. He does contribute actively to many causes that help down-and-out Americans. He does not whine and then not take action. And, he has a right to make money just like all of you.

The facts in the movie, while presented in a way to advance his agenda, have been verified. Those who are disputing them have either not seen the movie, or are misquoting them.

Now my questions.

For those of you who profess to dislike Michael Moore:

1. How many of you would defend his freedom to say what he wants to say? If you don't, then that is anti-American. The founding fathers encouraged criticism of government.

2. How many of you listen to Right-Wing talk radio, or visit their websites? Now that the Left finally has an outspoken media mouthpiece, the Right is upset. You call Moore a liar, but conveniently forget the untruths about WMD. It's a double standard.

3. How many of you actually saw the movie?
Closed Thread

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register