Fahrenheit 911 - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Review It!

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Closed Thread

Fahrenheit 911 Fahrenheit 911

Unread 07-14-2004, 03:46 PM
Fahrenheit 911

Hi Martinis4Me,

No, I haven't seen this movie, and may never. After seeing how Mr. Moore spliced together footage in the "Bowling for Columbine" so-called documentary to show exactly what he wanted it to show, and how he took quotes out of context in order to support his "facts," and how he misrepresented the data he quoted, I don't trust him. That "documentary" was nothing but a piece of fiction.

I don't hate or dislike the man, I don't know him. I just don't approve of his methods or his way of twisting facts to say what he wants them to say. I would feel the same about anyone who was misrepresenting the truth and twisting things to support their views, whether it's Michael Moore or George W. Bush.

Yes, Mr. Moore has a right to freedom of speech, as do we all, and he seems to have no trouble exercising that right. But if you're going to make a "documentary" which is supposed to be based on facts - then get the facts straight! Don't intentionally misrepresent the truth and call it a documentary.

While I don't agree with this war (who could!), I do support my President, our leaders, and our troops. I think during this time of crisis, we need to build up our leadership, not tear it down. Our enemies want us to do just that, destroy ourselves from within - a house divided against itself can not stand.

If this war accomplished nothing else, at least it gave the Iraqi people the freedom that we've been enjoying for over 200 years, a freedom to live their lives without fear of repercussions from a insane dictator. If nothing else is accomplished, no matter what we set out to do, that was worth it all.

s,

Lisa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-14-2004, 04:32 PM
Fahrenheit 911

I've got to go see this movie. It is very well attended here and the people I know who went to see it all said it got standing ovations at the end.
Unread 07-14-2004, 07:30 PM
Fahrenheit 911

[color=blue]
Good for all of you who are willing to see this movie, M. Morore is but one voice, whether you love it or hate it, the fact that you are willing to open yourself up to opinions of others, and have the oportunity to do this, is one of the special gifts that we have as Americans!

To not take advantage of the opportunity to grow and learn, and then make our own decisions seems like a waste of our rights as Americans.
The Religious Right, or the Liberal Left...somewhere in there we must all find ourselves and VOTE in Nov as our heart/head dictates.

I am opposed to this war for many reasons. That does not mean that I do not support our troops. I do!!! And I will continue to support them when they return, fighting for their best interests(health care) and their honor/pride for serving. BUT it also does not mean that must I believe my President has the best interest of those precious souls who are serving my country in his heart.

Anne -Proud Daughter of WWII VET- Proud American Against this war. If M. Moore opens just one mind it is a good thing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-14-2004, 07:36 PM
Fahrenheit 911

I haven't seen this movie and never will. I'd rather spend the $$ buying the bumper sticker for sell on eBay that says :

MICHAEL MOORE *****!!!

Anyways, touchy thread, but everyone's got a right to their opinion, right? Hope I haven't offended anyone.
Unread 07-14-2004, 07:45 PM
Fahrenheit 911

That is one of things that makes American great..

We can not offend...even when we do not agree, we all have the right to our own opinions...with no consequences!!

I may not agree with your oinion, but I respect your right to have it!
Unread 07-14-2004, 11:01 PM
Fahrenheit 911

Quote:
Originally posted by Martinis4Me

Now my questions.

For those of you who profess to dislike Michael Moore:

1. How many of you would defend his freedom to say what he wants to say? If you don't, then that is anti-American. The founding fathers encouraged criticism of government.

2. How many of you listen to Right-Wing talk radio, or visit their websites? Now that the Left finally has an outspoken media mouthpiece, the Right is upset. You call Moore a liar, but conveniently forget the untruths about WMD. It's a double standard.

3. How many of you actually saw the movie?
In response to your questions...

1. I would and have defended his right to say what he wants. That does not mean that what he says is the truth.

2. The only way Air-America gets on the airwaives is to pay radio stations to put them on. Conservitive talk radio shows are paid by the radio stations because they are more main stream and very popular. Also, I find it very interesting that the liberal left refuses to acknowledge the WMD's that have already been found. What do you think Serin Gas in a warhead is? Yes, as you can tell I support our President and our troops. I for one am proud and happy that our President feels the need to be proactive in this fight against terrorism. I also agree that we are free to express our opinions no matter what they are as long as we keep it civil.

3. I am not ashamed to say that I have not and will not spend my money or time watching this "movie/documentary", and that is also my right as an American.

I have a great many friends that are considered liberal and I am very much a conservative, believe it or not we have no problems getting along. These lables do not make us who we are but they do incourage great debates.

s

Donna
Daughter of retired Navy & Vietnam Vet, granddaughter of WWII Pearl Harbor Vet/Survivor
Unread 07-14-2004, 11:27 PM
Fahrenheit 911

Boy, am I hoping to see this movie soon, maybe this weekend.

I do find it interesting that many people who say we (American Marian speaking now) got involved in the Middle East for freedom's sake get so emotional when someone uses one of those freedoms to give another point of view.

Happens here - I mean the freedom of speech thing - (Israeli Marian speaking now) and I suppose everywhere else, too. As the man said in Some Like it Hot, "Nobody's perfect!"
Unread 07-15-2004, 06:41 AM
Fahrenheit 911

This is no longer a productive discussion about a MOVIE. This is not the place to discuss Michael Moore's ideology, political philiosopy or his life....

Thanks for the discussion and reminders that "hot topics" that are not about hysterectomy do not belong on Hyster Sisters. There are many political communities on the net if you choose to pursue a discussion on this man.

This thread is locked.
Closed Thread

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register