dumbest 'friend' comments-funny now | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

dumbest 'friend' comments-funny now dumbest 'friend' comments-funny now

Unread 07-01-2004, 02:16 PM
dumbest 'friend' comments-funny now

Having recently met briefly with a work colleague - here is part of the conversation.

Me: Hi, Debby, how has this term gone for you?
Debby(nothing between the ears): Hi Sue, you 've put on some weight there, haven't you?
(thank you very much, like I needed that pointed out, cant remember what my reply was, but was not sarcastic unfortunately)
Me: Blah, blah, blah....another op next week.
Debbie: Oh, didn't the hysterectomy take then?

How I wish I had answered, 'no, it grew back!!'

One less christmas card to write this year!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-01-2004, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Oh, didn't the hysterectomy take then?
What an odd comment! She makes it sound like you were coloring your hair and the dye didn't take.

It seems like there will always be some people who just don't understand.
Unread 07-01-2004, 02:25 PM

T'ain't a hangnail for pete's sake!

Thanks for sharing that moment - it will help me keep my tongue when co-workers say dumb things to me in about a month!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-02-2004, 12:06 AM

WHAT???!!!??? They DON'T grow back??? I guess that is one less question I need to ask my doctor!

Unread 07-02-2004, 05:52 AM

Dragonflyblue, If some people would stop and think about what they have said they would realize how stupid their comments are. We had gone to the beach with friends about 24 years ago and I was very early pregnant, we had plans and I started to miscarry, my friend said "If you don't think about it , it won't hurt, let's play miniature golf to take your mind off of it" some people just don't have a clue.
Unread 07-02-2004, 11:20 AM

"Well no wonder you hurt!" was the comment I got from a nurse who found out how many tampons I was using...

I had no idea that adeno was caused by tampons!!!
Unread 07-02-2004, 11:43 AM
If I had a dollar....

For every time folks have stood there looking at my boy and girl twins( who dont even look alike at all not to mention they are opposite sex) and then they ask me " Well are they identical?)---I am serious if l had a dollar for every time we would go out to lunch ladies!!! I aint never claimed to be brightest hillbilly out there but this is one of them questions you want to say DUH!!!!! LOL
Unread 07-02-2004, 01:32 PM

I'm completely serious when I say that an acquaintnance (who has 3 kids of her own) actually said "at first I didn't understand why everyone was so upset about your surgery until someone explained that you can't get pregnant after they remove your uterus. I had no idea". Who explained the birds and bees to her? Needless to say, I don't talk to her anymore. But it frightens me that there is a woman out there who does not know how her reproductive organs work. Scary!
Unread 07-02-2004, 02:58 PM

Some don't know a uterus from a ukelele, I think!

Going through all the stuff that brings us to the decision for or against surgery, and its alternatives, and then our recovery from whatever we do decide... it really is an education in how the female body works. Not only do we learn how ovaries and uterus and all those parts work together, we also learn about hormones and what they can do for you, what they can do TO you, and what the lack of them means too.
Unread 07-02-2004, 03:34 PM

I did get a chuckle out of her comment but it's amazing what some people will say - I was trying to schedule my op with work (has been delayed now till 08/11 because I'm "needed") but my boss - female - actually asked me if the surgery was really necessary......yep, open mouth and insert other foot please.

catriona

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register