who all has had those OH NO moments? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

who all has had those OH NO moments? who all has had those OH NO moments?

Unread 07-03-2004, 02:04 PM
who all has had those OH NO moments?

as for me?

Here's mine so far:

1. Cat jumped on belly - OUCH silly kitty!

2. DD6 was demonstrating how she dances with Bedtime Bear ( A CareBear) when WHACK right in the tummy! OUCH!!!

3. DH leaning in to kiss me slightly presses on tummy - OUCHIES!!!

so, how 'bout you guys????? I'll add more if/when they happen!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-03-2004, 02:15 PM

I've had a few......

In the hospital the day after surgery, DS#2 was leaning over me to give me a little hug and leaned in toooo far...*major* ouch!

Last week, DGD(3 yrs) was sitting next to me on the couch and leaned into me with her head, another ouch!

Yesterday, DH for some reason patted my tummy....he was so apologetic....said he didn't know why he did that!

I myself leaned too close to the bathroom sink while I was brushing my teeth....ouch!
Unread 07-03-2004, 02:18 PM

Oh, I had a few early on!

Cat tickled my bare foot with his whiskers about 4 days after I returned home. Pulling one leg up suddenly is not a good thing when you still have steri-strips on your bikini line!

I sneezed at 11 days post op - I mean like repeated sneezes. Dust had blown into the house on the first balmy day that I had opened the windows on the house. Next morning, I had popped a dissolving stitch and spent several days draining a hematoma - no tragedy but the sneezing did make me sore for about an hour afterward.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-03-2004, 02:36 PM

I laughed -- and it hurt!! Who knew the word underpants said repeatedly would cause so much pain!! My sweetie has been so wonderful- but I wish he weren't so funny!
Unread 07-03-2004, 02:50 PM

WARNING WARNING DANGER WILL ROBINSON!!!

Do NOT Watch Any Belly Laughing Comedy Movies Until Your Belly Is Down To A Dull Roar!!!
Tummy Pillows Required while watching funny movies, girls! I promise you'll need them!

We watched Blue Collar Comedy Tour and I thought I was going to pop my incision I was laughing til tears rolled down my face!
Unread 07-03-2004, 03:07 PM

i made the mistake of watching BLUE COLLAR COMEDY TOUR also. i thought i needed to lighten up. OUCH! it is soo funny i couldn't help but laugh.

fella is a pretty funny guy too.

doggy jumped on my belly last night in a terrible fright over fireworks. i kind-of caught her so her paws didn't hit the actual incision but OUCH.

fella hugged me too hard.

i rolled off the couch. DUH.

i had a sneezing fit my second day out of the castle. OMG the pain. i had a friend over. she left as soon as fella got home. couldn't take the grimacing.

mom had my hair done. ever try to lean back into one of those shampoo sinks without using your abs? i don't think it can be done.

thanks for the thread! it helped lighten my surly mood!
Unread 07-03-2004, 03:18 PM

Before surgery I had seen Finding Nemo and loved it.

So, three of our friends' sons decided to come over with the DVD and watch it with me...!!! The boys have adopted us as parent set #2 and thought I'd apprecitate the gesture.

I thought I'd better get a pillow ready, as I was giggling already and the DVD wasn't even plugged in yet!! My DH rushed home from work to catch some of it too, and the pizza ordered, of course!!

Well, I kept stopping the DVD because I could not control my laughter and was in sheer agony. I was only 5 days post-op and believe me, my belly hurt!!!! But it was fun.

Oh!! here's another one: you have to love kids....

About a week post-op, my little 6 y/o friend gently wrapped her arms around my waist, awfully close to the proof that I am officially a Punctured Princess, and both her mom and I stopped breathing... she was so gentle and even leaned her little head on my belly, not even the pain took away the warm feeling. That was not a bad Oh No! moment at all!!
Unread 07-03-2004, 04:30 PM
Similar OH NO's!

(1) While in the castle on day #2, DH and DS came to visit and everything my DS said made me laugh. I almost had to kick him out of the room, I was in so much pain from his silliness.

(2) We knew the kitty would try the belly lay, we just wondered how long it would take. I'd been home about a few hours when she gingerly made her climb. I had to keep repositing her and eventually, she got the idea.

(3) Just to show you I'm a glutton for punishment, I'm about to go watch a new video of my grandson whom I haven't seen since last August. He's now 16 months old!

Ended up with TAH left BSO. Got the keep the right one, yahoo!
Unread 07-03-2004, 09:48 PM

hi, ladies. i just had to chime in on this one.

my best friend (of 40 years) stayed both nights with me in the castle. the first night i was pretty much out of it, and things were o.k. however, early morning of her second night stay, i was wide awake and she started talking in her sleep (she has done this her entire life). it was about 5:30 a.m., and she said loudly and clearly "HELLLLP!" i looked over at her, and then at the door, hoping the nurses hadn't heard her and thought it was me. no one came, so i relaxed and went back to watching t.v. my friend kept mumbling things, indistinguishable, and i kept watching the television. after about a half hour, she yelled out, "LOOK AT THEM EYES!!" it was so darn hilarious, i burst out laughing! oh, the PAIN!!! i laughed and laughed, clutched my belly, started crying from the pain, and laughed some more! crying, yet unable to stop laughing! i cried/laughed so loud, it finally woke her up. she sat straight up and asked me if i was alright. of course, it took some time before i could finally tell her what had happened. i'm laughing even now, just thinking about it. what a wonderful memory we'll have.

best wishes and hugs to everyone!
Unread 07-03-2004, 09:55 PM

Mine was last week I had taken my Mom's minature pincher Misty for her first walk ever. She is very hyper and my Mom didn't want to risk falling she has diabetes... So I decided to take her for a walk. Now Misty has the tough girl attitude when people walk by the house or yard she barks and jumps at the fence or door. So as were were walking a guy was at the curb working on his car.I figured I had better keep Misty close I was afraid she would jump at the man but no she froze about 8 feet from him and would not walk past or go back I had to carry her past him for about 8 foot. She weighs 17 pounds. That hurt for awhile LOL I will have to wait a little longer to teach Misty how to walk

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register