Good Post-op movies... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Good Post-op movies... Good Post-op movies...

Unread 07-03-2004, 03:52 PM
Good Post-op movies...

What ya' all watchin' out there?

Need some suggestions on a new movie to watch. Most of all I like true stories. Can be any true story. I also like, Drama's, good Documentaries, Family movies and comedy.

My latest two fav's are Seabiscuit and Radio.

The hard part is not eating too much chocolate or popcorn watching these movies during recovery. Pants with draw string waist bands are good! (he-he) to ya!

Wildflowers

Oh, here comes another hot flash!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-03-2004, 04:01 PM
Good Post-op movies...

The Lord of The Rings movies are good. Very long so they make the time go by faster. Finding Nemo is also good. Let's see...I'd stay away from too much comedy if laughing hurts. Beyond Borders with Angelina Jolie and the hockey movie Miracle were both good. Remember the Titans is a good one.

This was my one chance to see movies, but really for me there is not much out there that I enjoy. The ones I mentioned were movies I could watch with my kids.( I'm the pied piper in my house. Wherever I am, the dogs, kids and hubby are. LOL.)
Unread 07-03-2004, 04:03 PM
Good Post-op movies...

Glad you liked Seabiscuit. My DH & father in law were extras in the movie. We live about 2 blocks from Santa Anita Racetrack. DH & DFIL were fitted for special costumes, and interacted with the major characters, and were NOT just in the crowd !!

I watched Beautiful Girl on cable TV, and found that very inspiring. It was fun.

Anything with Adam Sandler, or Jim Carrey is good. Watch out for laughing too hard tho !

I went with a girlfriend a few months ago to see Monster, with Charlize Theron. She deserved to win the Oscar. A very good movie.

And don't discount any that may make you cry. Sometimes, at this point, you need a good, sobbing cry. It helps you heal !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-03-2004, 04:03 PM
Good Post-op movies...

What a fun post! Yes, I have loved that aspect of recovery... lounging on the sofa with some goodies watching a good chick flick. Hehe...

Well, as for true stories, you may have already seen one of my favorites... "A Beautiful Mind". If you haven't seen it... ya gotta!

I also have really enjoyed all 3 of the Lord of the Rings movies... not true stories, but so fun to watch. I have never really been into a lot of Fantasy stuff... but those are fabulous.

Hmm... for a nice, light chick flick I enjoyed "Under the Tuscan Sun" and one of my absolute favorites is "Bridget Jones' Diary".

I see you have children... so I bet you would enjoy "Cheaper by the Dozen" with Steve Martin. It was a fun light comedy.

There are probably lots more I could name... but that'll get us started.

Happy vegging!

Jwlz
Unread 07-03-2004, 04:19 PM
Good Post-op movies...

i really liked seabiscuit and i mean the biography. the movie was good too, but i like the real footage of the horse and races.

umm, i thought Identity was a good thriller.

i had never seen The Godfather so that was interesting.

Monsters INc and Finding Nemo are good of the kids are around or you need something light.

My Big Fat Greek Wedding i really liked.

Blue Collar Comedy Tour is too hilarious. ouch the laughing!

i've just rented Miracle and House of Sand and Fog.

i've got the Sopranos first season borrowed to watch next.

i also asked friends for any Marlon Brando movies they might have as he has just passed. i love On The Waterfront.

oh yeah! the Count of Monte Cristo was very enjoyable.

bring on the junior mints!
Unread 07-03-2004, 05:22 PM
Good Post-op movies...

How about Bad Post Op Movies...

DH has all the Dirty Harry ones, and is watching them one a night. Ouch, all that shooting. All that punching in the stomach.

xxx
Unread 07-03-2004, 05:41 PM
Good Post-op movies...

Okay guys, my son owns a video store--two great movies--Love Actually (Hugh Grant--don't ususally like him, but this is such a good movie) and Second Hand Lions (Michael Caine, Robert Duvall and Haley Joel Osment) Nobody doesn't like this movie (or Sara Lee I guess) Another great one is Frequency and of course anything Monty Python, but you might break a stitch--Happy Viewing!
P.S. Can we have popcorn??
Unread 07-03-2004, 06:57 PM
Good Post-op movies...

Just fininshed watching Billy Elliott. Good British movie of an underdog overcomming. Lots of potty words (yest I have a preschooler I still use this lingo!) but nothing else offensive.

Wildflowers
Unread 07-03-2004, 07:27 PM
Go Vintage!

I watched Dr. Zhivago the other day. It's SUCH a beautiful movie and it has lovely music! I mean, I was hormonal and moody that day anyway! Why not put the chick flick in and have something to cry about!

Take care,
Unread 07-03-2004, 07:34 PM
Good Post-op movies...

Besides Lord Of The Rings and Miracle I really enjoyed Whale Rider and The Gift is also good Another good one is The Missing Secret Window is pretty cool. And so good oldies are A Perfect Murder, Walk On The Moon and 28 Days

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register