bio-identical hormones? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

bio-identical hormones? bio-identical hormones?

Unread 07-05-2004, 02:05 PM
bio-identical hormones?

I was just curious if anyone is using the new bio-identical hormones? My MIL was telling me she went to a doc in Houston who did a full blood workup and prescriped these hormones for her. She says they are all natural and she LOVES them. She said she hasn't had a single hot flash, mood swing or night sweat since starting on them.

I am off to the castle again and may be losing my last ovary and I guess I am looking into going this route for my hrt.

Any info would be appreciated

Becky
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-05-2004, 02:20 PM
bio-identical hormones?

Hi Becky

Is your MIL using hormone replacement from a compounding pharmacist or one of the other types of bio-identicals? Bio-identicals aren't really new, but there does seem to be increased demand for them!

There are many of us here using bio-identicals in one form or another. Mine happen to come from a compounding pharmacy. Here's a link that will show you some of the options that are readily available at a regular pharmacy:Bio-identical estrogens and here's one to explain a bit about compounded estrogens.

s
Unread 07-05-2004, 02:28 PM
bio-identical hormones?

Yes my MIL is using a compounding pharmacy to get hers. She said it is a whole bunch of pills to take each day.

I just assumed they were new since I had never heard of them before and MIL said she had never heard of them either and she is a NP! I just saw a sign at my pharmacy saying they were going to have a class to tell women about these hormones, so I guess I will try to go to that and learn more about it.

Thanks for the info. I really appreciate it.

Becky
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-05-2004, 02:32 PM
bio-identical hormones?

PS..

She went to a women's wellness center, so I think the doc put her on vitamins and stuff also, not just the hormones. She said she went in and they took blood, then she waited a couple of hours and they asked her all kinds of questions. Then they gave her the prescriptions she would need. She made the comment that she could hardly remember to take a vitamin each day, much less all the pills she was now having to take--however after missing two doses and having her first period in a year, she now swears by them!
Unread 07-05-2004, 03:39 PM
bio-identical hormones?

Becky,

I ended up with 4 different compounds. Starting out one was taken once a day, two were used twice a day and the other was used nightly for two weeks. It was a challenge at first to remember which was done when but after a while it was routine and I've done well.

There is a list of supplements that are recommended to take with estrogen. Here's the link for that! Necessary supplements while taking estrogen

s
Unread 07-05-2004, 05:28 PM
bio-identical hormones?

Becky,
I've been using the compounded hormones for over 4 years now. While I did have to do some tweaking in the beginning, I have done very well on them. My pharmacist has been an angel in helping me figure this stuff out.

I also take alot of supplements. They really do make a difference for me. The supplements helped me to find some stability to my balance. They really did help. Yes, it's a pain to have to take so may different pills, but I've got a system down now. I bought one of those 7 day pill containers that has slots for morning and evening. Once a week I get out all my supplement bottles and divvy up my pills for the week. When I get up in the morning I open the appropriate slot and grab a glass of water and I'm good to go. I do the same thing in the evening.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register