How long is too long to wait for DR to call? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How long is too long to wait for DR to call? How long is too long to wait for DR to call?

Unread 07-08-2004, 08:15 AM
How long is too long to wait for DR to call?

I saw my doctor 5 weeks ago. She took $500 worth of tests. I've received the bill!! I know her office has had the results for 3 weeks. I call once a week but the nurse who I did get to speak to yesterday, said the doctor hasn't had a chance to view them yet.
Does this seem odd? If she is too busy to look over the results maybe she shouldn't order the tests. Am I overreacting??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-08-2004, 08:38 AM

No, I don't think you are overreacting. Five weeks is way too long to wait. I am not sure how you can "make" them look them over and call you. Dr.'s are pretty independent and the only thing you can do is to continue to call and ask. I probably would call a couple of times per week until they cough up the info. Then, I would change dr.
Unread 07-08-2004, 05:14 PM

No, you are not overreacting. Five weeks for test results is way toooo long to wait. Maybe the nurse isn't relaying the message to the doctor? I've had that problem before, I would call for the doc and than get mad when he didn't call me back and turns out he wasn't getting my messages. Be persistant and keep calling until you get to talk with the doc. At the very least ask for the results to be faxed or mailed to you, better yet go pick them up. At least you will have a copy if you need to find other doctor to interpret the results for you.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-09-2004, 05:42 AM

That is ridiculous! There's no excuse for waiting that long, you have been more patient than I would be! I used to work in a doctor's office (I was the phone nurse) and that would NEVER have happened! I would call 2 - 3 times a week at this point and if no response, just show up one day at the office.

Mimi

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register