estring | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 07-10-2004, 12:03 AM
estring

I started on the estring today instead of the femring I think my doc was confused about what I needed it for and she really wasn't familiar with either one so I had to tell her and she went ahead and prescribed the estring for me I am very excited about all of the symptoms it is supposed to help that I've been having like the severe dryness and the bladder problems I think thats why I get what I thought were pimples when in fact it is just such severe dryness and the femring wasn't helping in that area because it is more systemic right? Well I'll let you all know how it goes. Now with the yeast issue does eating the yogurt help keep the yeast from growing?And what about lactose intolerance is yogurt dairy and if so is there anything that helps without being dairy?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-10-2004, 01:08 AM
estring

Hi Glad to hear you got the Estring, that does sound more like it will meet your needs. I hope it works great for you! I use a compounded estriol cream for the same purpose and love it. You're right, the Femring is a systemic HRT and not as effective for vaginal dryness, even though you insert the ring there.

Confusing isn't it! Even some DRs don't seem to quite understand it. The reason is because the form of estrogen in the Femring is not effective for vaginal dryness as it is... it needs to be converted to 17 beta estradiol using an enzyme present in the blood (esterase), but then by the time it's gotten into the blood and been converted to useful estrogen, it's already being transported AWAY from the area that needs it most!

Eating yogurt does help prevent yeast infections, and raising the level of estrogen in your vaginal walls helps too. If you can't eat yogurt, then you could get some acidophilus capsules (or any other probiotic capsules from the health food store or drug store) and take those daily instead. Even AZO Yeast, which is available in regular drugstores and discount chains, will do the same job. I try to buy a different brand of probiotic each time and rotate them, because they each contain slightly different blends of helpful bacteria (guess I'm just trying to cover all the bases ).

I hope this helps!
s,
-Linda

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register