Help ladies Mom has Cervical cancer now | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Help ladies Mom has Cervical cancer now Help ladies Mom has Cervical cancer now

Unread 07-10-2004, 09:02 PM
Help ladies Mom has Cervical cancer now

My mom has recently been diagnosed with cervical cancer. Mom has never had problem like myself until the last year of spotting even though she has been going thru natural menopause for 5 years. Can anyone give information or tell where to find it? I was one stage away from it when I was 19 for different reasons than my mom. I forgot she has Stage 1 Cerivcal cancer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-10-2004, 09:44 PM

I am so sorry to hear about your mom and will be praying for the both of you
Unread 07-10-2004, 09:46 PM

Hi
you can get information about all types of cancer at The American Cancer Society Site here is the link. http://www.cancer.org/docroot/home/index.asp?level=0
Linda-Rae
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-11-2004, 10:37 AM

Hi, I am sorry your mom is now facing cervical cancer. I am sure some of the women on this site who have this dx will reply to your post. Following is some information on cervical cancer I found under our "resources" section and entitled "cervical cancer"( https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/lin...=browse&cid=15) which should be of some help. If your mom has a computer perhaps she might like to join Hyster Sisters. Since you're already a member, you could help her get started and become familiar with the site, etc. I will keep you and her in prayer.
s and blessings, peggiesue
Unread 07-11-2004, 12:41 PM

Thank you ladies I knew I could count on you. My mom doesn't have a computer so all research is having to be done by myself. It just hurts knowing that my mom who was a great deal of help to me when I was postop now has her own problems.
Tammie
Unread 07-11-2004, 03:50 PM

I'm so sorry for your mom. I'm sorry for you. It's such a strange feeling when your parent becomes the vulnerable one and you the strong one. Even as adults many of us turn to our moms for support when we are most afraid. When something major happens with our moms who do you turn to then?

There have been times in my life when I've thought to myself when did I get all grown up to be dealing with such heavy stuff? I don't wanna be all grown up.

Are you in a position to help her out? I hope so. You have entered a new place in your relationship with your parent. Sure, you never wanted to be in this position but such is the hand you've been dealt. You will look each other in the eye not just as mother/daughter but as WOMEN, as FRIENDS in the truest sense of the word. Some of the most beautiful moments in life are mixed in with some of the worst.

If you can't be by her side, be on the phone. When you can't be on the phone, have her in your thoughts and prayers. I'm sure you'll do everything you can to help and even if its not as much as you'd like, she'll know you're giving your all.

Everybody else out there -- tell you Moms (or whoever holds that place in your life) you love them. I'm calling mine now.

Thinking of you both.
Unread 07-11-2004, 03:54 PM

Oh yes, based on Stage 1 statistics, your mom has a really good prognosis although she might have to go thru the wringer to whip it.
Unread 07-11-2004, 05:05 PM

Im so sorry to hear about your mother...ive been there so know how she feels but you know at an early stage its very treatable and the prognosis is excellent ive just had a radical hysterectomy and although that may sound scarey its really not im just over 2wks post op now and feeling fine....and the best news is im now cancer free with little chance of it recurring which will be the same for your mum.

Its such a shock for your mum and for you and her family but once it is dealt with it becomes so much easier....its the waiting around at the beginning that really is the worst.

will pray for you both

Big z
Unread 07-12-2004, 11:54 AM

Sorry to hear about the diagnosis- I hope you can help your Mom out by doing some research for her- there are a lot of sites on the internet- including the National Cervical Cancer Coalition at www.nccc-online.org and of course, the American Cancer Society at www.cancer.org and even looking up some things on WebMD may help too.
I did a lot of my research at the library too- just go to your library's website and search for "cervical cancer"- I'm sure a whole list of books will pop up.
I also had stage 1 of cervical cancer and ended up with a radical hysterectomy this past March- I kept my ovaries. I am now cancer-free! This is a very low grade of cancer and looks very promising with treatment whether it be by surgery or radiaton.
Good luck in the research!
Chantale
Unread 07-14-2004, 06:37 PM

Thanks again ladies. Spoke with mom tonight and said she has been hurting on and off. Would this be normal after having biopsy last week? Next week we get results from test and decide what to do. Hoping for the best. Thanks again, its easier talking to you ladies since you been thru it and having a hysterectomy myself.
Tammie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register