King Arthur | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Review It!

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 07-10-2004, 09:36 PM
King Arthur

This is a really good movie. I was surprised because I had heard some bad things about it. But it had great action and moral heroes and a Queen who kicked a**. What more could you want from a movie?
Much better than alot of adaptations of the Legend. Too bad the people who did Mists of Avalon didn't do it like this.
Also showed the negative aspects of Christianity and rightly so.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-11-2004, 08:57 AM
King Arthur

Your's is the first good review I heard of the movie!

So they made Gwen a go for heck warrior instead of a whiny fundamentalist hypocrite cheerleader like in the Mists of Avalon?

Interesting!
Unread 07-11-2004, 03:51 PM
King Arthur

Saw it this afternoon and really enjoyed it. It was pretty bloody in spots but not as bloody as Lord of the Rings.

Definitely worth the money!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-12-2004, 08:12 AM
King Arthur

My DH is a big Arthurian history buff and is not going to see it. Once he saw the trailer with Gwen in a leather bra while all the rest are in full armour, well--it was just too revisionist and gratuitous flesh for him.

i hate the way Hollywood has to revise historic events so they are "politically correct" for today's stupid audiences who don't even know their history.

oh well.

FL
Unread 07-12-2004, 08:41 AM
King Arthur

fluffylemur.

I couldn't agree more.

Besides, it's not Christianity that has negative aspects. it's the people who profess to be something they truly are not ...and today, it's hard to find a movie (or a reviewer) who knows the difference.

We keep trying to put 21st century "morals" into "historical" movies, and it just doesn't work.

All I'm gonna say.
Unread 07-12-2004, 05:01 PM
King Arthur

Okay, I agree about the costume. I don't think any self-respecting warrior male or female would wear anything like that, it was winter for cryin' out loud.
Still it was fun to watch. Didn't mean to offend anyone by the post.
Unread 07-12-2004, 11:42 PM
King Arthur

Pardon me, but what standards make leather string bikini costumes "politically correct?!"

They certainly aren't by any feminist standard I know!

This is one more Arthurian take that I just don't want to see.
Unread 07-13-2004, 05:52 AM
King Arthur

I think they confused Gwen with Boadicea ( also spelled Boudicca or Boudica) (note: do you know how hard it is to find that name if you don't know how to spell it!!!!!)

but I bet even our dear Queen B *IF* she wore a leather breastplate ALSO wore a shift under it or over it!!! Any woman who is prepared to go into battle would know how to dress for it.

Hollywood really ticks me off sometimes.
Unread 07-13-2004, 06:05 AM
King Arthur

Quote:
Originally posted by CAS29
I think they confused Gwen with Boadicea ( also spelled Boudicca or Boudica) (note: do you know how hard it is to find that name if you don't know how to spell it!!!!!)

but I bet even our dear Queen B *IF* she wore a leather breastplate ALSO wore a shift under it or over it!!! Any woman who is prepared to go into battle would know how to dress for it.

Hollywood really ticks me off sometimes.
Just Hollywood?

It always confused me and ticked me off when I was a little girl that the super heros wore tights, and the super heroines wore shorts and miniskirts. Didn't they want to prevent their legs from getting scatched up?

Oh, Boudicca (and there are those who say the d-word comes from her name)! That was a woman who gave the Romans a run for their money until she fell! The statute of her in London certainly doesn't portray her as some object of male fantasy.

By the way, the folks at the Mythology forum on the NYTimes think the movie is gad awful (don't know what they're saying at the movie forum).
Unread 07-13-2004, 03:59 PM
King Arthur

Most "historical" movies aren't very. Besides how many times does something historical happen and all the major players ( and most of the minor ones) are extremely good looking?
This one was just fun, fluff.

Rita Mae also said something in a book about a character being critisized for painting her fingernails. She said any movement that based itself on what you wear was a bit well I forget how she put it but the idea was you don't base who or what you are on what you wear.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register