punch said invasive but cone said "in situ" | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

punch said invasive but cone said "in situ" punch said invasive but cone said "in situ"

Unread 07-10-2004, 10:24 PM
punch said invasive but cone said "in situ"

I had a punch biopsy that convinced by regular ob/gyn that I had invasive 1b cervical cancer. I went to an oncologist that did a cone and only found carcinoma in situ with clear margins. Prior to the cone 2 oncologist classified a visual inspection of my cervix as 1b. I am 13 weeks pregnant now, 10 weeks at diagnosis. I wonder if they only saw the in situ or the biopsied swollen cervix and overestimated the cancer.
Also, my regular ob/gyn thaught maybe he got all of the invasion with the punch. Is that possible? I am very confused. My oncologist said she would call me with a final decision on Tuesday after a doctor conforence.

Someone please help me.

Pamela
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-10-2004, 11:03 PM

I forgot to mention the cone said clear margins, no risidual, and no invasive cancer was found.
Unread 07-11-2004, 04:09 PM

I feel so bad for you that you are going through all this especially while in the early stages of pregnancy. The hours/days must be dragging. Please let us know what comes out of your doctors conferencing.

I'm no doctor but I know cervical disease is harder to pin down during pregnancy. Things sometimes look worse than the pathology reports show. I'm really hoping that's the case with you. I cross my fingers that things will be stable for the next 6 months and you are comfortable with whatever treatment is recommended afterwards.

Hugs and prayers,

Laura
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-12-2004, 01:15 PM

Hi Pamela,first of all congratulations on your pregnancy.Secondly,the cone biopsy sounds like it was good,clear margins in a good thing,no invasive sounds good.Think positive.I am no doctor but I am a woman ,who is due for a hysterectomy because a cone biopsy showed some invasive and my margins showed cinIII.I have no idea if it's possible that the punch got all the invasive, I hope the doctor tells you that is what happened and all is well.I too had a punch first.So I kinda know what you have been through.I didn't go through it all while preggers,sorry that this is happening while you should be worrying about nothing but weather to buy blue or pink sleepers.I sure hope they put your mind at ease soon.Good luck
Unread 07-12-2004, 06:08 PM

thanks for responsing ladies. I will post tomorrow after I receive the call from my doctor. I pray it is very positive news.

Pamela

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register