Fast Re-Schedule for Surgery | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Fast Re-Schedule for Surgery Fast Re-Schedule for Surgery

Unread 07-11-2004, 08:46 AM
Fast Re-Schedule for Surgery

I was originally scheduled for 6/29 but talked with my doctor in the pre-op room she and I decided that it would be better for an obgyn onc. to do this (she's not an oncologist) and there wasn't one associated with the small community hospital.
I met the oncologist on Friday. He scheduled my surgery for Fri. 7/16. I'm both grateful and worried. He normally doesn't operate on Fridays, but felt it necessary to schedule a time for me.
I know that being menopausal my fibroid which has grown to twice its size in four and a half months indicates a possiblility of malignancy.
I feel really bloated and have lower back problems.
The Cat scan didn't show any lymp irregularities, but I know that they really won't know anything till they go in. I guess the unknown is shaking me up...
Is there anyone out there who has or has had a fibroid the size of a grapefruit and peri or post menapausal?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-11-2004, 10:31 AM

I can't answer the fibroid question, but know how nervous you must be. Have you had a CA 125 blood tests? The waiting is the hardest, but try not to think the worst. It is good that you are being operated on by an onc/surgeon because this will give the best possible outcome. It is good that surgery was moved up. so the wait will soon be over. You will be in my prayers on Friday.
Unread 07-11-2004, 11:58 AM
Thanks for the responses.

Thanks, shepherdpal.
Yes I had a CA 125 and it read in the normal range.
All the best.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-11-2004, 12:48 PM

Hi, Sorry I cannot resond to your specific query but am sure that if anyone has your dx they will come along soon and reply. The unknown certainly shakes us all up. You are doing the best thing possible by choosing a gyn/onc and he certainly seems caring as well as professional by operating on a day he normally would not. Don't forget that your heavenly Father also is watching over you. I will keep you in thought and prayer.
s and blessings, peggiesue
Unread 07-11-2004, 04:30 PM

I just did a quick site search. I'm not internet smart enough to insert the thread here but the query I did was used the words fibroid and cantaloupe (one fruit up from a grapefruit). There's a thread called Large Fibroid Sisters by History Lady from May of this year. One lady describes hers as being football sized.

Another thread that came up on my query had a lot of information about the risk of fibroids being cancerous and what that means to you.

Of course you will take your cues from your team of doctors and must be careful not to gather so much information you make yourself scared silly. But to answer the question: do fibriods get much bigger than a grapefruit? Sounds like they do.

Peace be with you. Laura

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register