Doing good! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 07-13-2004, 08:17 AM
Doing good!

Hello sisters...

Just wanted to let you know that I continue to rest and recuperate....feeling pretty good....walk a little farther each day and slowly getting my strength back. I think the pulmonary thrombosis which happend during surgery has kind of slowed my recovery, but not to bad.

I get my staples out and followup visit on Monday (7/19), then back to the hospital on Thursday 7/22 for a short surgical procedure to install a port. I have to confirm today, but I think chemo will start the next day after my port is installed, which would be 3 weeks post op.

I'm feeling better each day and i am sure I will be strong enough within the next 10 days to start chemo.

Constipation is really an issue, and I continue to work diligently at staying regular. I understand that it will only get worse during treatment.....yikes!

Thanks again for all of your support.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-13-2004, 08:27 AM
Doing good!

oops.....almost forgot to mention....looking for everything positive I can !!!

CA 125 before surgery was 2067.......post op is 551.......so i feel good about that .....hoping the chemo will get me in the single digits real quick !!!!!!!!!!!!
Unread 07-13-2004, 08:43 AM
Doing good!

Sending hugs and good thoughts your way!!! Glad to hear that the CA 125 level went down. Hoping that your chemo goes by fast and without alot of side effects.......

Karen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-13-2004, 09:45 AM
Doing good!

Lori,

I am glad to hear you are recovering nicely, Don't over do it though. Chemo for me was hard, but not doable and I was able to keep up most of my normal routine. The port installation was easy, painless and made chemo and blood work much easier. There was a post yesterday by Yamo asking for chemo tips that I am sure sisters will be adding too. If you feel like laughing here is a thread that was started last year about " Bald Get free stuff? We are with you every step of the way
https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...get+stuff+free
Unread 07-13-2004, 10:03 AM
Good drop in CA125.

Don't overdo too much. It's better to be a bit slow and careful than to wind up miserable again for overdoing. I hope your port surgery goes as well as mine did. I'd never had surgery with a local and was scared--well, when I had to have my elbow fixed I begged and pleaded for a local (no luck). I had no pain after the numbing wore off either. The only unusual thing was that I was hungry and the hospital food looked good so I shoveled it down! You have lots of friends here ahead of you with chemo, etc. so we can answer questions and help as they come up.
Unread 07-13-2004, 10:16 AM
Doing good!

Glad you are home and doing fairly well. Remember you are a and you should be pampered as such. Take it easy and dont overdo it. I do hope that your chemo is easy on you and that the constipation resolves itself soon.

God Bless
Unread 07-13-2004, 12:43 PM
Doing good!

Lori - -

Just because they are doing chemo doesn't mean that you're recovered - take it easy and be a good princess. It takes a long while to really recover.

You're going to spend a lot of energy just recovering and dealing with the first chemo so don't try to do much besides take care of yourself for a while.

Dorrie
Unread 07-13-2004, 01:52 PM
Doing good!

Dear (((Lori))) Thanks for letting us know that your recovery is going well. Please do save you energy and don't overdue, including with the walking, as you need to conserve for the upcoming chemo. Are you taking stool softners for the constipation? The latter, walking and some cooked prunes with the juice at breakfast did wonders when I had the problem. I am keeping you in thought and prayer. Please keep us posted re how you are doing.
Many s and blessings, peggiesue
Unread 07-13-2004, 07:16 PM
Doing good!

Yes, I do stool softners daily, prune juice, I walk and PLENTY of water.....it get's so frustrutating.......because I know it will only get worse during treatment....i will take Milk of Mag before bed tonight which my gyn/onc o.k.ed.

She's already given me the lecture about doing whatever it takes to have a bm everyday....easier said than done!!!!!!
Unread 07-13-2004, 07:42 PM
Doing good!

Lori
I am so glad you are doing well. I too had problems with constipation after surgery and during chemo. Continue to do what it takes to keep regular--chemo & pre-drugs can really cause constipation.

Remember to Rest, Rest, and Recover. Pamper yourself.

's
Ruth S

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register