Post Op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 07-13-2004, 11:16 AM
Post Op

Hello, I'm new and have a few questions - not asking for medical advise but, opinions. I had BSO LAVH almost year ago. To start with, I had always had heavy bleeding durring periods. finally I started to go thru menepause, had no periods for 6 months. Then out of the blue - or should I say red? I had a heavy 3 month period, -yes 3 month. Durring the 4th month of bleeding is when I had my surgery. Since the beginning of the bleeding, I gained weight, from that time to now is 40lbs. Diet after diet, different hrt, working out, all of it nothing helped. I quit the hrt b/c I kept gaining weight, hot flashes and night sweats were still there so it wasn't helping anyway. Now almost a year later, I have what I think is a bladder infection EXCEPT my urine is not red, no burning, only sign is that I only have blood when I wipe. Has anyone had a problem like this??? Of course my Dr. is unavailable b/c I moved 2 weeks ago 1500 miles from my Dr. New state, new city, and now to try to find a Dr. that is sympathetic to my needs. I have an appointment today, but it's like playing lotto until you find the right dr.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-13-2004, 08:27 PM
Post Op

Hi there I'm so sorry you're dealing with this issue, a year down the road. And finding a new doctor is always a heartache

I must admit, though, that I'm relieved that you have an appointment with a doctor, since sudden, new symptoms should always be attended to by a doctor.

It is possible that you are not dealing with a bladder infection after all: it could be vaginal dryness, due to lack of hormones.

Sending lots of s your way. Hopefully your new doctor will have some answers for you. Please, do keep us posted.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register