Help! Pain | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 07-13-2004, 03:01 PM
Help! Pain

I had a major surgery on June 8th. Well starting on Sunday I have developed a major burning pain on my left side on my tummy when I stretch or move.

I called the doc and they told me to take milk of magnesia.

Well now the pain has spread throughout my tummy area. It is tender to touch. It feels like a stabbing burning pain.

Is this normal?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-13-2004, 04:27 PM
Help! Pain

I have no idea what to tell you - hopefully someone will be here soon with some insight. Hang in There!
Sue
Unread 07-13-2004, 05:08 PM
Help! Pain

WELL- YOU DIDNT MENTION WHAT TYPE OF MAJOR SURGERY....

WHEN I HAD MY HYSTEREC I HAD THAT BURNING SENSATION AROUND MY TUMMY AREA AND IT WAS TENDER- I THINK IT WAS DUE FROM THE INCESSION MADE- WITHIN A FEW DAYS IT GOT BETTER-

GOOD LUCK
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-13-2004, 05:28 PM
Help! Pain

Here is what I had done this time:

Ovaries & Tubes removed.
one ovary had cysts and cysts around it
one ovary was attched to bowel & bowel wrapped around it

Had a Burch bladder sling, one of the screws worked it's way into the pelvic bone, screw had to be removed & inflamation scaped out.

Bladder had endo on it, they lasered and scraped on it.

They removed one muscle from the rectom area, and did reconstructive work.

Had a bad rectocele fixed.

I had 3 tunnels of infection in the vaginal area removed.

I have a bunch of mesh & stitches & whatnot holding me together.

I have a vaginal & abominal inscision.

I think I covered everything.

I am planning on calling the doctor 1st thing in the morning. All I know is I hurt.

P.S. Thanks for asking!
Unread 07-14-2004, 11:23 AM
Help! Pain

Went to the doc. I am having a CT scan tomorrow.

Will this ever end?
Unread 07-14-2004, 04:25 PM
Help! Pain

Oh ((((Sweetie)))) I'm so sorry you're having such a hard time of it

From all the work you had done during your surgery, and after, it is hardly surprising that you're having so much pain Hopefully the CT scan will shed some light on the issue... and it will be the start of the end
Unread 07-21-2004, 01:02 PM
Help! Pain

The Ct scan showed nothing.

Now the doc is thinking...my body might be trying to reject the mesh materials. I am going to be on meds for 2 weeks, then go back for another exam. Then we will go from there. I really do not want surgery again.
Unread 07-22-2004, 08:08 AM
Help! Pain

Well, please keep us posted on how its going for you on the meds. Glad you have a doctor that is helping you.

s
Unread 07-22-2004, 12:43 PM
Just wondering . . . ?

I was just wondering if they mentioned that your burning sensation might be adhesions? Adhesions generally won't show up on a CT Scan or any other type of scan, for that matter. You don't mention if your pain is intermittent or if it is accompanied with a tugging or pulling sensation, although I imagine it would be hard to tell with all that was done to you! I sure hope you are feeling better!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register