The News is Very Bad... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

The News is Very Bad... The News is Very Bad...

Unread 07-13-2004, 05:06 PM
The News is Very Bad...

The CA125 took a terrific jump to up into the 400's. It has never been that high--even when I was diagnosed. So, next Tuesday...Gemzar. I think being off chemo for a while has been good for me physically and mentally--wish the Tamosifen would've helped. I do not like Gemzar or really want it, but we discussed things and it's the best for a couple reasons.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-13-2004, 05:25 PM
aaackkkkk

Sounds like we are both having a run of bad luck. I will pray that the chemo will work and leave you without any side effects.

Best wishes as you go forward in your treatments. And that the Ca 125 test says how low can you go?

God Bless
Unread 07-13-2004, 05:40 PM
The News is Very Bad...

I am sorry you had such a sudden rise. I pray the gemzar gets rid of those nasty cells for good and the side effects aren't to hard on you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-13-2004, 06:05 PM
The News is Very Bad...

(((Ellen)))

That's not what I wanted to hear (and I'm sure it's not what you wanted to hear either). I'm sorry that number jumped up there. I'm glad that you've been able to have this break from the chemo, and sorry that it has to end so soon. I hope the Gemzar is just the thing needed to get this cancer outta there!

Hang in there, Ellen. You are a remarkable woman and an inspiration to me and many others. We're going to be right here for you as you're going through your chemo. That number is southward bound starting on Tuesday! I can hear those cancer cells running away now :run3: .

Unread 07-13-2004, 07:52 PM
The News is Very Bad...

Ellen
What a disappointment. I know you were hoping that the Tamoxifen would keep the cancer at bay. On to Gemzar. I hope that will be the magic cancer fighter for you. Let's watch lose CA125 numbers go down , down, down with minimal side effects.

's
Cindy
Unread 07-13-2004, 08:06 PM
The News is Very Bad...

s Ellen

I am so sorry that tamoxifen did not hold you steady. Darn! It certainly would have been an easier path.
But I am quite relieved that you are willing to try another drug.
Hopefully that ca 125 will drop as quickly as it rose.
I bet alot of women might have gemzar tips on the acor list.

karenann
Unread 07-13-2004, 09:47 PM
The News is Very Bad...

Ellen, I am so sorry you had to have this kind of news. Hang in there with the Gemzar - I am hoping the nasty stuff will kick taht cancer right out of your body.

Hugs to you. No words of wisdom - but I want you to know you are in my thoughts and prayers.
Jan
Unread 07-13-2004, 10:58 PM
The News is Very Bad...

Ellen--

I'm so sorry to hear this news--you must be so disappointed about the tamoxifen. I hope that the Gemzar turns out to be just what you need, and that your numbers will plummet.

You are always such a voice of kindness, compassion, and reason, and an inspiration to so many of us. You will be in my prayers, and I will get my Reiki circle to send you some healing energy, long distance!

Val
Unread 07-14-2004, 02:24 AM
The News is Very Bad...

Dear Ellen,

I was so sad that your number rose again. I can't even imagine your disappointment. But Gemzar has been proving to be very helpful in fighting ovaca, particularly when coupled with Carboplatin (if memory serves). So like the others who have posted before me, I sincerely hope that Gemzar kicks cancer's butt and gets that number back down to single digits.

Is there a tumor at this time? What have the doctors been able to spot scan-wise?

Much love to you.
Unread 07-14-2004, 06:28 AM
The News is Very Bad...

Dear Ellen...I am so sorry that the Tamoxifen didn't work as planned. I hope and pray the Gemzar works for you. You posted to me when I first started on this board that their are alot of different chemo's out there and I know they will find the one that helps you. You are in my thoughts and prayers always.

Bertha

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register