Well, my news wasn't too good either...... - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Well, my news wasn't too good either...... Well, my news wasn't too good either......

Unread 07-14-2004, 01:45 AM
(((hugs to you Miss Jeanine)))

Oh Jeanine, I'm so, so sorry to hear this news. It seems that as soon as we have battled one problem another one starts. But you will kick this ones butt as well. I don't know anything about laser surgery other than it's not as invasive and recovery time is shorter.

I wish I could have had laser, you know it's been nearly 5 months since my surgeries and I still feel like I have been hit by a truck. But with this laser surgery for you, I think you will have a much shorter recovery period.

A couple of suggestions, but you might already know these. I imagine you will have some irritation 'down there'. You might want to consider, those cotton mens shorts or work out shorts. I used to wear those all the time last year, when I had radiation treatment (my skin was very burnt). Added a couple of stratigically places gauze pads and I was set!

I'm hoping that you won't feel anything and that this is the end of the battles. Don't let that cancerhead get to you. Remember, being positive is key. But you know that. I and all of us love you!

Hugs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-14-2004, 02:27 AM
Well, my news wasn't too good either......

Dear Jeanine,

I wish I knew something about your situation, but I don't, so I feel helpless. I sincerely hope that this is contained to a small enough area that a minimally invasive procedure can get rid of it. You've already been through so much.

Your smiling avatar always makes me think happy thoughts. Keep smiling, and don't let this setback get to you. Let us know how things go.

Many s!
Unread 07-14-2004, 07:37 AM

Jeanine,

This does stink!!!! I pray that the lazer surgery will take care of the carcinoma. I also pray that your gyn/onc doesn't find anything during the colposcopy!!!!

Defintely get a good cry It cleanses the soul!!!

Will be sending good thoughts and prayers your way on next Wednesday!!!

Karen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-14-2004, 07:38 AM

Jeanine,

I hope that your upcoming surgery boots out that cancer once and for all....you've been so helpful and positive for so many women on this website...may all that come back to you in a total cure and a quick and easy recovery.

Blessings.
Marlene
Unread 07-14-2004, 08:26 AM

Dear Jeanine....I am so sorry things didn't work out as you hoped. I hope all goes well with your surgery. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Bertha
Unread 07-14-2004, 09:03 AM

Dear Jeanine,
I am so sorry you got that news, and hope that they get it all this time!!! I read your post and Ellen's last night before bed, and I could not respond. I took my concerns and prayers for you both to God . I hope the laser treatment is not too hard on you and that you recover quickly and completely!!! Hang in there!

Rhonda
Radical hysterectomy, June 2002, cervical cancer, 1b
Unread 07-14-2004, 10:32 AM

Jeannine -

This is yucky! I am so sorry this is happening. Maybe if they do the whole colposcopy, they can nip any questionable areas all at once so you don't have to keep getting picked at.

And in the summer

Dorrie
Unread 07-14-2004, 12:19 PM

I am so sorry to hear of your bad news. I want you to know how appreciated you are by so many women on this site. I so appreciated all the feedback and information that you gave me to help me calm my nerves. I go in for my second LEEP on Tuesday and I feel much more prepared for it because of you and others who gave me wonderful advice and support. I hope all goes well with you and you will be in my thoughts and prayers. Take care.
Unread 07-14-2004, 04:37 PM

*****, *****, bum. Let those broad shoulders, that at points have carried so many of us, sag and have your good cry. Be irritated as all get out that this impacts your summer. You know there's no "good" time to deal with any of this but some times are certainly better than others. (Personally, I'd least like to deal with it during an Indiana February when my optimism is at it's lowest and the assault on my immune system is at its highest.)

The wise ones keep telling us all to live in the day, appreciate the moments. When you've raised your head again, and I'm certain you will, be on the lookout.

Laura
Unread 07-14-2004, 05:38 PM

I have read, re read and re re read your post so many times and trying to think of what to say except "It is sooooooooo unfair" I am so tired of this stinking monster (cancer) and we need to kick its but.

Have yourself a good cry and then put on those boxing gloves, that is what I am going to do. Tell that cancer "You're Outta Here!!!!!!!!!"

But most of all Hugs and hugs and

God Bless and watch over you

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register