pregnant and waiting for cancer stage | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

pregnant and waiting for cancer stage pregnant and waiting for cancer stage

Unread 07-13-2004, 07:55 PM
pregnant and waiting for cancer stage

I should have found out a stage today but there was a delay. My doctors were waiting on the initial slides my regular ob/gyn took. They should have put those with the punch biopsy from Walter Reed and the cone they took at Chapel Hill to arrive at a final stage.
Initially it look like I was a 1b but now maybe I am a 1a or (now I'm reaching) a zero.
My cone and the punch from Walter Reed said no invasive and no residual but the initial punch made my regular doctor think invasive.
The good news is they no longer see a reason to do an immediate hysterectomy. Treatment will wait until after delivery.

Best Wishes to all.

Pamela
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-13-2004, 08:46 PM

Pamela. I am glad the report is good and the hyst can wait. I hope the rest of the pregnancy is problem free and you have a healthy baby.
Unread 07-13-2004, 09:41 PM

(((Pamela)))

What great news that you do not need an immediate hysterectomy! I pray that the rest of your pregnancy moves along uneventfully and that your pathology reports determine that you have a cancer-free future! Please keep us posted on how you are doing.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-14-2004, 07:59 AM

It is good to see some good news!! It is wonderful that your hysterectomy can wait....Praying that your pregnancy is uneventful!

Karen
Unread 07-14-2004, 08:42 AM
good news

I was anxiously awaiting your posts and glad to hear that you will be able to continue the pregnancy.that's great news and I'll be thinking of you.
Amy
Unread 07-14-2004, 08:48 AM

Hi, My name's Pam too, and I just wanted you to know that I'll be praying for you and your baby.

God bless!
Unread 07-14-2004, 04:48 PM

I've got a little tear of joy in my eye reading your post and I'm NOT hormonal. Keep us advised!
Unread 07-18-2004, 08:02 PM

Ladies,
I only have one more day until I should get an answer about stage. I will be at the hospital seeing my high risk ob/gyn that day so maybe I'll see my oncologist in person.

best wishes to all of you ladies. your support is amazing.

Pamela
Unread 07-20-2004, 06:16 PM

No answer today either. They did not have the slides and did not know where they where. They found them later today in their own pathology lab. Sad that I have been waiting so long for them to receive something they had all along but happy they have finally located them. I am hoping for answers soon. I think they are going to recommend a radical hysterectomy and I am very nervous about the surgery. I am concerned about

recovery time
scarring
the operation itself
deformed parts- what will my husband think
how I will feel without all my parts
complications
lymph nodes--don't they serve a function I will miss

any advice would be great.

Thanks.
Pamela
Unread 07-20-2004, 08:55 PM

Pamela, I know how hard waiting for tests results can be but slow down, and take things one step at a time. If you should need a radical hyst you will probably be fairly well in 6- 8 weeks. There will be a scar, but it will fade. The operation itself will be over when you wake up and skilled Dr's do this surgery all the time. I should think you and husband will just be glad to have you healthy, not care about missing parts. Any complications that might develop will be taken care and in most cases the remaining lymph nodes take over the function of any that are removed. I hope you get some reassuring news soon. Keep us posted, but try not to think the worst. As our friend Ellen says " Never waste a good panic!"

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register