Pain still after almost 3 months need some advice! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pain still after almost 3 months need some advice! Pain still after almost 3 months need some advice!

Unread 12-01-2000, 08:07 PM
Pain still after almost 3 months need some advice!

Hello Ladies it has been almost 3 months now since my TAH/BSO and I feel horrible now. Dr just changed my Hrt to Estrace but I haven't started it yet,what can I expect from the Estrace I was on Cenestin? I have this horrible Buddha Belly that won't go away and I have been having alot of pain kind of feels like a really bad menstual cramp,but deeper kind of like in my kidney area what is up with that? It is really confusing me. I also have been having pain with intercourse. You know with the deep thrust {sorry so detailed} but I need some advice. I was wondering does your body still think it is having a priod after everything is gone or what? Why am I still hurting I think I felt better about 3 weeks after my surgery than I do now! Well thanks so much to my sisters for your support I would appreciate any input you may have. God Bless you all and Happy Holidays!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-02-2000, 06:27 PM

{{Chele}},
So sorry to hear you are having problems. As far as the HRT I would post over on The Hormone Jungle, there are some well knowledged Ladies over there who can help. I was still having pain with intercourse at 3 months and I think it was around this time that it started to get a whole lot better for me. I have one ovary and I still experience extreme cramping pains which happens all the time. Mine is thought to be from Adhesions. Have you talked with your Doc about this? I don't think you should be having severe pain this far along. Please keep me posted and I hope you can feel better soon.
Unread 12-04-2000, 04:58 PM

Hi! I am in the same boat as you are it would seem. Had a total hysertectomy on 8-29-00. Felt wonderful at 3 weeks, even thought I would be returning to work sooner than expected. But after having the one month follow-up exam, I started cramping. It has been quite persistent on the right side.It really feels like something is there, like a bulge. I have had an ultra sound which showed nothing. Saw a surgeon who felt my abdomen and said everything felt fine and to start getting active. I have been doing that. But I still have pain and most of the time I am wiped out. Tomorrow I have a CT Scan, I hope it shows something so nobody thinks I am crazy.My doctor put me on Imipramine, an anti-depressant that is supposed to help with nerve pain.
I am sorry, I don't have more info for you, but my thoughts are with you and you are not alone. Take care...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-04-2000, 06:40 PM

Thank you all for your advice. I will start my new Hrt tomorrow. I hope it helps. Mt pain has eased up a little bit since I posted last. I haven't called my DR yet,I went to my family today about my thyroid haven't gotten the results yet. But I forgot to mention to him about my pain. So I guess its not to bad yet. I will see the next time my husband and I have sex. If it still continues to hurt then I will call my GYN. I just hope that it is nothing serious that will need more surgery I think I have had all I can handle as far as surgery and pain goes. Well, I just thought I would thank you all and tell you that I am feeling a little better right now anyways. God Bless You ALL.
Unread 12-04-2000, 07:11 PM

Chele,
I'm glad you are feeling a little better I hope the new HRT helps. Please call your Gyn if this pain persists. Hoping for more pain free days ahead for you
Unread 12-05-2000, 11:09 AM

Chele,
It has been a little more than 3 months since my TVH for me. I can sympathize with you. I too have been haveing the pain during sex. And like you it's when he pushes further in. It makes me want to cry and sometimes I do cry and I always bleed afterwards. And I am in pain for several days after that. It even hurts into my rectum area and I don't understand that. My other problem that I have been haveing is that my ovaries have been hurting since before Thanksgiving. I know that sometimes they will hurt before it is time for me to ovulate but then they will stop, well, this time they have not. And right after Thanksgiving I had the worst yeast infection I had ever had. I used the Monistat 3 and it has gotten rid of the infection, but my ovaries are still hurting. I am worried that somthing is wrong. And since my surgery, we have moved two hours away from my doctor. I use to not ever get yeast infections, in fact, I never had one until I had my surgery in August. Can anyone explain that one? All I know is that I am so tired of being sick. Ever since my surgery I never feel good, I don't feel like having sex and I have now energy. I have had a cold for the last 3 weeks that I can't get rid of and I my ovaries are always hurting. I tried to get that Doctor to take them out but he wouldn't.
Well, I'm sorry for gripping so much, but , if anyone of you has any answers for me please help. What should I do about my ovaries, is it normal for them to hurt and is it normal to bleed after sex still (it's been 3 months since surgery) and is it normal for it to hurt to have sex?

Thanks
Unread 12-05-2000, 12:42 PM
Hollie

It sounds like you need to go to your doctor or find a new one. I wouldn't play around with my health if I were you. I don't have my ovaries and I don't have bleeding either. So I don't know if that is normal but it doesn't sound to normal to me. Thank you for venting it lets me know that there are other women who have problems besides me. Good luck on finding out what is wrong with you.
Unread 12-05-2000, 04:09 PM

{{Hollie}},
I agree with Chele, you need to see a Gyn. Pain and bleeding is not normal this far along. Some women here had developed Granulation on their vaginal cuff and this caused pain and bleeding during intercourse. This can be easily removed. Have you ever had cysts on your Ovaries? These can be quite painful. Please see a Doc so you can find out what is causing all this pain. You should not have to suffer like this. Take care and I hope you can feel better soon.
Unread 12-06-2000, 06:26 AM

Thanks ladies for your support and advise. I will have to find a doctor here where we live now. I am just so tired of going to the doctors. This has been the best web site and you all have been the best listeners. I hope everyone out there is well and has a very happy holiday season.
Unread 12-07-2000, 09:21 PM
chele--I am there with you!

I had my hyster on september 6th for prolapsed uterous, cystocle, rectocle and bladder repair. I started bleeding after sex the first time we were able to have it after 8weeks. I was so upset. Then the next time we tried to I had alot of pain in my rectel area and in my vagina, I could almost pin point the exact spot of pain. Then at three months post op. For no apparent reason, I started to bleed. It was pinkish and kind of watery then redder as the day went on. My doctor had me come in and found a good bit of granulation. He described like this. He said that the perfect enviorment for stitches to heal is a dry clean area, which the vagina is anything but. He said that when the insicion doesnt heal right or the body tries to overcompensate, granulation is the result. My biggist area of it was not far into the opening of the vagina and it was from the vaginal repair insicion and it was the postierior wall which explained the rectal pain as well. He froze the area but explained that it could come back and he may have to do a small surgury to get it all for good. I hope I helped. Penny

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register