Radical Hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Radical Hysterectomy Radical Hysterectomy

Unread 07-14-2004, 06:42 PM
Radical Hysterectomy

Hi everyone - Had smear in March 04 and diagnosed with Stage 1B Cervical cancer (after having cone biopsy). Eventually had radical hysterectomy on June 28 and am now 2weeks post op. Have just had my date to go back for results - July 21st so, hopefully, I'll be getting champagne out then or ??? I am 37 years young! with partner of 13 years and 3 lovely girls aged 7, 6 and 3. Would love to hear from ladies who have also had a radical (didn't keep ovaries by the way so I've got the lovely hrt to sort out!!!). Speak to you soon Jane xxx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-14-2004, 09:38 PM
Radical Hysterectomy

Hi Jane,
Hope you are recovering nicely and those three little girls are taking care of you. Hope you get a good report at your appt.
Unread 07-15-2004, 03:03 AM
Radical Hysterectomy

Hi Jane,

I also had a radical hysterectomy BSO/ lymph node dissection on March 12, 2004 and was dx with endo-cervical adenocarcinoma, stage 1B. Because of my type of cancer, my gyn/onc said, "No, HRT." He did say if my surgical menopause symptoms were too bad he would put me on something for a short time...... That is all I know, because the symptoms have not been bad at all.

Rest, recover and enjoy!!!!

Karen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-15-2004, 05:08 AM
Radical Hysterectomy

Dear Jane....Hi and welcome. I had a different surgery and diagnosis than you but I am sure there are many on here that have had what you had and can help you. What part of Wales are you from? My DH is from Cardiff. Be well.

Bertha
Unread 07-15-2004, 06:39 AM
Radical Hysterectomy

Hi Ladies - Thank you for all you replies - wow - all thsi is really new to me! I don't mean to sound stupid but what is a BSO? I just worked out what TAH is!!!
Although my Gynae/Onc put my cancer down as Stage 1B Cervical Cancer - actually when they "opened me up" it was found to be glandular. Apparently, it had been growing for the last 3-4 years and attached itself to the cervix. When I had my smear 3 years ago it was not detected as it wasn't on my cervix then. In that time I had been pregnant with my little one who will be 4 in December of this year. When I went for my recall smear in March 2004 that is when they found it. Anyway when I went into Hospital, they found that it wasn't "skin" cancer but "soft cell". They have now put it down to glandular and when I go back on the 21st of this month I will then know if it spread to my lymph nodes. My Consultant did say he was "happy" at what he got out so, hopefully, it hasn't spread, but then again - they can;t take anything else out as they have everything! I put myself down to being "opened plan" down there rather than full of furniture!!!!

Lots of love Jane xxx
Unread 07-15-2004, 08:35 AM
Radical Hysterectomy

Hi Jane,
We have a lot of similarities.I had thesame surgery as you in February(kept ovaries) and was also staged at 1B.I also have 3 little girls-a little younger than yours-8 months, 22 mos. and 3 yrs. old. Good luck to you!
Amy
Unread 07-15-2004, 08:39 AM
Radical Hysterectomy

Dear Jane,

You've got lots of prayers and good wishes for a favorable report.

My cancer was different (endometrial 1B) and I was not allowed any hormone treatments....wouldn't have wanted them anyway, I sort of don't trust them! But anyway, the no-hormone-treatment thing hasn't been bad at all for me.

All the best, keep us posted

Blessings.
Marlene
Unread 07-15-2004, 09:15 AM
Radical Hysterectomy

Hi Jane,
Here is a link to a thread that was very helpful to me when I first came to this site. If you scroll to the bottom it explains many of the abbreviations like BSO.
https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...threadid=67109
Unread 07-15-2004, 09:21 AM
Radical Hysterectomy

Hi Jane,

I also had a similiar situation to yours. BSO means they took also ovaries. I was fortunate to get the pathology done immediately so no waiting and am VERY happy to say that my nodes were clean and I am considered to be cancer-free now! Dr. told me at my appt yesterday that because of my younger age (turned 43 2 days ago and not to the menopausal ages yet), that I needed to be on hormones or I would be absolutely miserable. I am on the highest dose of Premarin and only have a couple of flashes here and there which is great!

I hope and pray you get the same results as I did!

Carolyn
Unread 07-15-2004, 11:31 AM
Radical Hysterectomy

Sheperdpal - many thanks for the link - at least I know what all the abbreviations are now.

kmpearce - why no HRT? I am 37 and have been told I may need it.

Becca31 - how many post op are you? and how are you feeling? I am 2wks and 4 days and when I get up in the mornings it feels as if I have to get up slowly as the "bricks" in my stomach fall down into place!

10trumpeter - well done you!!! Congratulations. The Gynae/Onc. told me I have to wait 3 weeks for my results but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. As before, I am wondering about HRT as I am 37 and have been told to "see how I go" until my next consultation date. I work for a Doctors Surgery here in the UK (as a receptionist) but I haven't really looked into HRt mainly because I haven't needed to - but now I'm lost!!! I think I have hot flushes - they feel like a rolling hot wave through my body and emotional - well - anything can trigger me off!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register