help | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 07-16-2004, 06:43 AM
help

I have been having abnormal paps for 8 month now. I had a Gyn in the begining. Who told me that my pap showed cancer. She was moving to a new hospital so i decided to seek out a Gyn/Onc. If I had cancer I wanted to be taken care of by the best. Went to see him and he said I didn't have AIS. He said I have what they call Tubal Metaplasia. A normal benign condition that can be mistaken as AIS. He also said that my HPV was negative so he was possitive that I didn't have AIS. He also told me that I didn't need a pap test for a year. I was fine with that. Until my mother said, "are you sure that you don't have cancer". Then of course I was concerned with my health again. I went on the internet and I visited this site. I was very concerned again. So I decided to get another pap. By this time 6 month had pasts. This pap came back abnormal. I needed to go back to the Gyn/Onc for a repeat of all the test that I had done 6 months ago. Another Colposcopy, biopsies, new HPV (just to make sure), and internal. This time he felt something by my left ovary. He ordered an ultrasound. All test were normal and the ultrasound showed a fluid filled cyst. He told me that I was fine. Then I went to my primary care doctor. I asked him if i was truly fine. He agreed. Here I am, my last period was a week early and last 3x longer than it usually does. I have pain in my back on my left side. My bowel habits have changed. My left leg goes numb all the time and hurts at night. I have night sweats every night. Sex, Ouch! I tried to get back in to see Gyn/Onc to discuss these problems I have been having and was told that he only sees cancer patients. What should I do? Start all over with a new Ob/Gyn? Or a new Gyn/Onc? Eight months have past, could I be running out of time? Or should I just not worry?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-16-2004, 06:57 AM
help

's and to cancer concerns

I am sorry that you are having these problems, and if you are really concerned about them I would seek out a gyn/onc that will see you, or go to another ob/gyn if that is the only way that you can be seen by a gyn/onc.

I do wish you the best of luck in what ever you do, and I will pray that it is nothing serious.

God Bless
Unread 07-16-2004, 07:02 AM
help

middlesis
You are wise to be so pro active in seeing a gyn/onc if you suspect cancer. If the tests he ran all came back normal then that should be reassuring. Did your cyst resolve? What does the Dr say about your irregular period, painful sex and bowel problems. These problems, even if not cancer need to be addressed. Have you had a colonoscopy? they aren't fun, but can rule out cancer, find it early and also diagnose other bowel problems.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-16-2004, 04:08 PM
help

Hi Middle,

obviously you have many concerns and know that something is not right within your body. I just hate it when doctors just fluff us off, especially men doctors.

Please make an appointment with another oncologist/gyno. Gather up all your past information and tell him or her all your symptoms as you have told us.

Hopefully this doctor will listen to you.

Keep us informed.
Rosalie
Unread 07-16-2004, 05:47 PM
help

Thank you for your reply to my cry for help. I just feel so lost. It is wonderful to be able to come to a place like this. Talking to someone who knows exactly what I am going through makes a world of difference. I made an appointment with a gyn for Tuesday. I have also called a hospital in Maryland. I am hoping to take my records and my slides to them. I need peace of mind. I need to know that they have not missed anything.
Thank you,
mcgdogm
Unread 07-16-2004, 06:21 PM
help

Good for you!!!

Empowering ourselves with knowledge is the best way to go.

Keep us posted.
Rosalie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register