Gallbladder Surgery Tomorrow-What Else Will the Doctor Find? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Gallbladder Surgery Tomorrow-What Else Will the Doctor Find? Gallbladder Surgery Tomorrow-What Else Will the Doctor Find?

Unread 07-18-2004, 09:23 AM
Gallbladder Surgery Tomorrow-What Else Will the Doctor Find?

Hi Ladies,

Well I finally made to yet another big day. I have posted my problem several times, but if you don't know, I had a TAH/BSO on 11-20-02 which doctor found severe Endo/Aden only after he opened me up. Two weeks post-op my right side started to hurt and has not stopped; I have yet to be pain free since I was 10 years old. Doctor says all symptoms point to gallbladder but there are no stones according to all of my tests: blood work, ultrasound, endoscopy, hida scan, and cat scan. Because of the 5 F's-Fair, Fat, Forty, Fertile, and Female, the doctor is taking it out. I am almost 40, very fair, female, fertile with my Premarin, not fat but lost 15lbs in 4 days after my hysterectomy from adhesions, so out comes the gallbladder.

Anyway, I can't sleep much because I am anxious, not scared. I am anxious to find out, I am anxious to tell you since this could your problem as well. I sure hope the doctor finds something wrong with the gallbladder or adhesions.

Surgery is in 23 hrs and I will stay the night in the hospital. Once I am able to get on the computer, full report from my doctor, and notice a change or not I will report any findings.

Talk to you later.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-18-2004, 10:42 AM

Gallbladder surgery for me was pretty simple. It took me forever to recover.....I just dont heal very well. 2 out of my 3 surgeries have resulted in serious infections. ANYWAY.....My GB surgery was nothing big. I woke up with 4 tiny incisions. They were so small and I was trying to figure which one they took my GB out of. Never did figure it out. Your GB can really make you sick. Mine was full with stones. I was sick all the time. I felt a ton better when it was over. I did experience diarreah after the surgery that stayed for a long time. The doc told me that was normal and it would go away. They will give you prescrip meds for it that do work.

I hope things work out for you!!
Unread 07-18-2004, 08:05 PM
surgery

You will want to make sure you have something to wear that you can go without a bra. My incisions for my gall bladder surgery were in inconvenient places like right under the bra, etc. Oh yeah, and don't plan on cleaning house right away. My ex-boss (notice I said ex) told me a friend's wife had her gall bladder out and was great in 4 days so he expected me to have my surgery on Friday and return to work by Wednesday of the next week. I don't think so!

I hope everything comes out well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-18-2004, 09:24 PM

Thanks for the support! I am lucky that I work in a place that is giving me 3 weeks sick leave and 1 week vacation. I thought I would heal easily with the hysterectomy and did not, so I got smart and took off more time for this surgery.

I will let everyone know how it went on Tuesday or Wednesday.
Unread 07-18-2004, 10:19 PM

ohh I forgot to mention taking some clothes that are a bit bigger. I wore jean shorts in and couldnt get them on to leave. And swelly belly does happen after gall baadder surgery too. Mine lasted a long time. I was so depressed thinking I had gotten fat after surgery. Before my surgery I had spent a year losing from a size 16 to a 4 (193 pounds to 129). I wish I had known what swelly belly was then. Best wishes sweetie!!~

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register