First CT Scan | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

First CT Scan First CT Scan

Unread 07-19-2004, 07:35 AM
First CT Scan

Hello to All:

Just wanted to let you know that I went for my first CT Scan on Friday - also had an ultrasound last Monday for some pain I'm having in the abominal area.

Anyway I am really anxious for the results of the CT Scan as my lymph nodes were never sampled and I forever have this fear that cancer was left behind and perhaps more aggressive treatment should have been given. However, I am feeling pretty good and am trying to have a positive outlook with the help of my two wonderful and supportive sisters who are always there for me and are coming to my appts.

I am following the posts and know that so many of you ladies are undergoing some challending times but I admire your courage and I try to incorporate that same courage in my life. Thank you all for your encouragement. Will keep you posted as to the results of the CT Scan.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-19-2004, 08:07 AM
Good to Have CT

It's good to have the CT scan--it can tell a lot of things. Two things to remember. Scar tissue, adhesions, can cause problems after surgery. Also, we still get all the things everyone else gets and we got pre-cancer. We just tend to think everything is cancer related. The ultrasound and CT will give your doctor a good picture of what's happening.
Unread 07-19-2004, 09:18 AM
First CT Scan

Hi Soranna, Unfortunately Cancer-head can strike often once we have had a bout with the beast. Those aches and pains all folks get once in awhile cannot but leave us worrying. It is good you are checking things out and I hope you get your test results quickly and they are all clear. Also hope they find what is causing the abdominal pain; perhaps you may still have some healing going on there. Please let us know how you are doing.
s, peggiesue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-19-2004, 02:19 PM
First CT Scan

Thank you for your kind and encouraging words - you are right I may still be hearling a bit and/or scar tissue, adhesions so I'm sure it will be just fine.

I am so happy that I have this wonderful place to post my concerns and receive some balanced thinking - thank you again!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register