Chiropractor | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 07-19-2004, 02:46 PM
Chiropractor

Hey girls! I just went to see a chiropractor because of a muscle spasm in my neck. He took some x-rays and found that my neck and lower back are out of line. I told him about my symptoms from Endo and from IC and he thinks that a lot of my pelvic back is do to the pinched nerves. I am going to see him every other day for 4 weeks to realign my spine and see if it makes a difference in the pain. I am not going to change my mind about surgery, I know this will not "cure" the disease, but any help with pain will be greatly accepted! Just thought I'd pass this info on.
BTW-my insurance covers 15 vists per year. I spoke with my Dr. about the cost if I go beyond this and he only charges $20/ visit. Hope this helps someone, I will let you know how things go!

Dove
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-20-2004, 07:45 AM
Chiropractor

((( Dove ))), I hope that you get the relief that you need. I can relate to pain from pinched nerves in the back having dealt with that myself.

Best wishes.

s
Unread 07-20-2004, 07:51 AM
Chiropractor

My chiropractor kept tellingme how much it would help me. Well it helps some of the aches and pains but does not relieve everything. My one question I have for everyone is when would I be able to go again after surgery?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-20-2004, 09:38 AM
Chiropractor

Good Morning Dove,

Please be really careful with a chiropractor that wants to work on you everyother day, even if it is only for 4 weeks. Myself, a cousin and my mom included have had bad experiences with chiro's that requested these frequent visits. I had a neck injury about 17 years ago and I went to a chiro everyother day -he said for 2 months. However, I couldnt even hardly bear holding my head up 4 months later without going back to the chiro for more visits. Then I went to a different chiro that also specialized in kinesiology (think thats how its spelled) she wanted me to come once a week -but didnt feel that I would need more that a 3-4 visits. Whammo! Had two visits and havent been back since for neck pain and felt great. Well, I know that every person is different and every medical situation is too...but I just wanted to share my past situation with you just so that you could be aware that sometimes FREQUENT visits to a chiro can sometimes do more harm than good (in my own humble opinion) I am not kicking chiropractors at all...I'm just leary about certain one's. Good Luck to you in getting relief, I know its horrible to have back and/ or neck pain. Krisclynn
Unread 07-20-2004, 09:44 AM
Chiropractor

I am going to judge that by how I'm feeling. I don't want any pressure being put on me too soon after surgery. He tried to talk me out of having surgery, but I told him that he may be able to help with the pain, but he could not stop the disease. My neck is feeling much better today, after having ridiculous pain for the past 3 days. So I am hopeful. I am more hoping that he will be able to help with the pain from IC since there is not a surgery to fix that. If I could manage my pain through diet, excersize and the chiropractor, it would be much better than all these meds!

Jeanus, thank you for your well wishes! Pinched nerves are not fun to deal with! Good luck to you too.

Dove
Unread 07-20-2004, 10:52 AM
Chiropractor

Hi,
I had ongoing back pain and headaches for years. My SO finally convinced me to see a chiropractor. I went 3x a week for 8 weeks, then 2x for 8, then 1x for a while and now I go every other week. My back pain is gone (and was before my hyst, except the week before my period) and headaches are few and far between. My chiro uses an activator and doesn't do any real bone crunching on me-I hate that stuff and the gentle approach has really worked for me. I went for an adjustment 8 days after my surgery. My back is feeling out of whack after the surgery, I'm sure due to the abdominal incision (causing me to walk awkwardly), and I'm going once a week for now.
Love,
Fritzi

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register