When did you fit into your pants again? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

When did you fit into your pants again? When did you fit into your pants again?

Unread 07-20-2004, 07:09 AM
When did you fit into your pants again?

I'm 5 weeks post and still living in tie sweat pants. This is my wardrobe at the law office because my slacks dont' fit yet. I'm still like 2 inches to big in the AM and 3 inches to big in the PM. Do I need to buy bigger clothes or am I going to deflate soon to the way I was?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-20-2004, 07:24 AM

Hello~

I'm 8 weeks post op and wearing dresses everyday at work because my slacks don't fit. I'm not sure if I'm going to have to buy new pants or not. I've lost 12 pounds since the surgery, but I can't fit into my pants..... it's so irritating.

Theresa
Unread 07-20-2004, 07:34 AM

I am 5 weeks post op and have lost wieght, but I can't stand to wear clothes which are too tight around my tummy and the pants I have are too big in the waiste, but still fit around the lower tummy because that's where I am swollen.
I either wear trackie pants or elasticated pants.
I have read on this site that the swelly belly can last for quite a while.
Stay comfortable!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-20-2004, 08:16 AM

Abbie,

I am from NH also. I have been so lucky, I have been wearing my old jeans since I was 1.5 weeks. Sorry that your not, Hope it is soon, I can only imagine how sick of sweats you must be.

Thinking of you and hoping that the swelly will soon be gone
Unread 07-20-2004, 08:38 AM

I am 9 weeks post-op and went to see my surgeon last week because the swelly belly was so bad. I have always had a flat stomach until now, however my stomach will now swell up to 6" in one day! My doc said that sometimes after a trauma (surgery) that your body retains fluid and sends it to the site of the trauma. He prescribed a mild diuretic for it and it seems to be helping. I am not the same as before but at least I do not look pregnant!
Unread 07-20-2004, 08:45 AM

Thanks for all your help ladies, I guess I'll continue to drink lots of water, my doctor said it can take up to a year but I just can't beleive that. I wish I could have been one of the lucky ones who fit back into their clothes so early, I guess its a small price to pay for relief from my endo I had.
Unread 07-20-2004, 09:32 AM

I was about 3 months post-op when I could wear my ususal clothes and feel comfortable.

Unread 07-20-2004, 09:35 AM

I am almost 4 months, and have had to buy some new clothes, as a lot of mine still don't fit yet, some do fit, but I can only wear them in the mornings, and I still can't do shoes, only flipflops!
Please tell me when this will all end??????
Unread 07-20-2004, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by fran.k
I am almost 4 months, and have had to buy some new clothes, as a lot of mine still don't fit yet, some do fit, but I can only wear them in the mornings, and I still can't do shoes, only flipflops!
Please tell me when this will all end??????

i could fit into my old clothes about 3 weeks post-op even though they were uncomfy. it felt good to know i could fit into them. Now at 3 months post-op my stomach looks as big as it did with the alien in there.maybe it's because i'm back to doing normal things and working. Guess the swelly belly is here for a while...grrrrr
Unread 07-20-2004, 12:50 PM
I had to buy new clothes

I am 2.5 months since surgery and had to buy all new clothes yesterday. I gained 20 lbs of fluid after surgery and that fluid is still in my body, despite diuretics. It was very depressing to have to go and buy large sizes yesterday, but what do you do. Thank god there are others out there that share in my frustration!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register