Biopsy Results After Progesterone Help!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Biopsy Results After Progesterone Help!! Biopsy Results After Progesterone Help!!

Unread 07-20-2004, 02:43 PM
Biopsy Results After Progesterone Help!!

Hi All.
I just got the results from the biopsy I had done last Thursday.....same as before taking progesterone for 2 months....Adenocarcinoma Grade l. I've read that some of you have taken progesterone/megace and have had some pretty good results. Can you tell me how long you were on it and how much you were taking a day. I took 80 mgs a day and well what do I say. I'm kind of in shock and totally devasted. It looks like I have no options but to take a chance with a hysterectomy or just do nothing for a few months and hopefully enjoy some of my life . I am at my wits end.....I'm totally without ideas and hope perhaps some of you can help me out. Please remeber I am the one with the Cervical Cord Impingement, allergic to all antibiotics I have taken thus far, have hypertension and have seen both parents with cancer. I can only add that if one Doctor would address any of the situations that make me a bad surgical risk I would probably have some hope, but to date they only deal with the uterus and say that the othert factors aren't their responsibility. What I don't understand is who's responsibility is it????? I am feeling fairly good, bleeding or spotting every day and more tired then I used to be but outside of that I am still getting around. If any of you have had to make choices similar to mine please let me know......The Doctor I saw said he would try the progesterone for only 2 months and that was it. I don't even
know if this is a long enough time to have done anything.
Please help!!!! Thank You!
LadyL22
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-20-2004, 04:41 PM

Hi LadyL 22

I have been taking 160 mg of Megage per day since June. My Dr. told me that my cancer is slow growing and that in order for the Megace to work I need to give it at least a year to work.

He also said there is an article written on this and I have not had time to research it but I think it's written by Robert Bristow.
Unread 07-20-2004, 05:16 PM
BIOPSY RESULTS After Progesterone Help!

Hi 2ndTimeAround,
Could you perhaps give me a little more information as to what type of cancer your dealing with. I also would like to know if you've had a biopsy or not anything that might help me to figure out if we are fighting the same type of cancer. If you would like to EMail me or PM me please feel free to do so. Your onf of the few persons on here that I believe is hoping for progesterone to work, also your Dr. doesn't seem to be concerned with the time factor....I sure wish I could talk to your Dr., meanwhile I will be trying to find out information on the article you mentioned. i LOOK FORWARD TO HEARING FROM YOU!!!
LadyL22
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-20-2004, 05:35 PM

I'm taking 160 mg a day... have been on it 6 months.

Pam
Unread 07-22-2004, 06:18 PM

Hi LadyL22

I have Endometrial Cancer stage 1A. I had 2 Endo Biopsies and a D&C. In November, the first Endo Biopsy and D&C showed that it was Complex Endometrial Hyperplasia w/atypia. At that time I started taking 10mg a day of Provera.

The second Endo Biopsy on June 2 showed that it progressed into the first stage. On my MRI I had June 23, it didn't even show any signs and I was only on the Megace for 8 days. I went for a second opinion from an gyn/onc.

My 2nd dr. told me that I need to let the medicine work for up to a year. He said that the only way he would biopsy before 6 months is if I started bleeding heavily.

I am hoping for the Progesterone to work. I am only 25 and still want to have kids. The only problem is, I had Hodgkins Lymphoma when I was 17 and took Chemo and they don't know the status of my fertility. My 2nd Dr. wants that checked along with finding out why my body is not producing the progestrone. He said that the progesterone might fix the problem for the short term but we need to figure out what is causing this to happen for the long term.

I will let you know if I find the article.

Keep in touch!

Brenda
Unread 07-24-2004, 02:38 PM

Hello LadyL22,

We've conversed before..

After my first 3 months of Megestrol Acetate/Megace 160mg, I still had endometrial cancer present, ..however, there were signs of improvement even though for some reason that wasn't emphasized when I got my lab results. It took 6 months for me to clear.
Ask if there are signs of improvement.

I hope that you spoke to your doctor about the ongoing spotting as I had suggested.
When you accept this form of treatment, you have to accept that it carries it's risks.

Pat

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register