Pastor visits? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pastor visits? Pastor visits?

Unread 07-20-2004, 09:46 PM
Pastor visits?

This is one I haven't seen on this board....

Did you ladies have a pastor or spiritual advisor come visit you in the castle? Before or after surgery?

Or did you request the service of a chaplain while at the castle?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-20-2004, 09:57 PM
Pastor visits?

My DH cousin is a pastor. Kind of like having my own personal pastor! It was very nice to have lots of prayers!
Unread 07-20-2004, 09:59 PM
Pastor visits?

My pastor was waiting for me when I arrived at the hospital on the morning of the surgery. We had prayer together and then he went up with me and stayed with my family until I was out of surgery. He is a great guy!

Cindy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-21-2004, 06:35 AM
Pastor visits?

Same thing for me, my pastor from my church was there in the pre-op holding and prayed with us, then came to visit while I was in the hospital.(I stayed 5 days due to a high fever.)

When I had emergency surgery on New Year's day in the evening, he came and sat with my DH during the surgery, which was nice because the waiting room was empty except for him, due to the holiday.
Unread 07-21-2004, 06:41 AM
Pastor visits?

I had my surgery at a Catholic hospital in Ft. Lauderdale...so they did come visit me every day. They even came with Communion to my room...I really didn't feel like taking it at the time....felt like crap on all the meds! But it was nice anyway.
Unread 07-21-2004, 06:59 AM
Pastor visits?

Hi, my priest didn't come by but some ladies from the church did and we all prayed together. It was very nice and helped me feel better.

s
Unread 07-21-2004, 07:55 AM
Pastor visits?

My pastor came by after surgery and stayed with us for a little while then prayed for me. It was so good for me to see him. I love him so much. He's a great man and pastor! Also some people from my church came by also and prayed with us! I have an awesome loving church family so I had great prayer support!!
Take care!

Barbara
Unread 07-21-2004, 02:15 PM
Pastor visits?

my mom called the pastor with out me knowing so when he walked in boy was i surprised but it did make me feel better and he stayed for the surgery and when the dr came out he left and came by the next day to see me it did make me feel so much better when we prayed before going in to op room
Unread 07-21-2004, 02:20 PM
Pastor visits?

The Castle asked if I wanted anyone to come in an pray and I said no... I am catholic and that just feels to much as a last rite.. I will have my mom, dad, and hubby with me..... I have all the prayers from my family and friends.... Plus Lord knows I pray to him too! Sides he isn't ready for me...I have to many people to annoy yet!

Debbie
Unread 07-21-2004, 02:23 PM
Pastor visits?

Thanks all so much. I just wasn't sure if people had pastors show up before surgery. I know when my mom had hip replacement surgery some years back, her pastor showed up before. She was a little surprised, but she was OK with it.

Not sure yet what I'll ask for -- but I kind of like the idea of someone coming in to pray for me before the surgery.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register