1 yr anniversary and my sex life is over - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

1 yr anniversary and my sex life is over 1 yr anniversary and my sex life is over

Unread 07-25-2004, 09:32 AM
blood tests

Hello,
I am sorry to hear you are not having the time of your life after your husterectomy.

Have you had any blood work done?

After my TVH, I went immediately into Grave's disease/Hyperthyroidism.

After my surgery I felt more tired then usual and I ran a low grade fever for 4 weeks straight.

Finally my usual doctor wasn't available so I saw the one on duty and she diagnosed Graves disease.

God's blessings for a healthy future
Jeanne
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-25-2004, 03:35 PM
1 yr anniversary and my sex life is over

wow its been since march 30 and i have tryed to have sex but it was such a failure,,panic and the feelings where did they go ,,does this get better?...
Unread 07-25-2004, 07:49 PM

Hey, fellow Texan (((KathleenM)!

So sorry to hear this! Since March 30 is a long time!

Tell us a bit about your self. What procedure did you have done? Have your ovaries/on HRT, etc. How often are you feeling panicked?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-25-2004, 09:29 PM

well here's my update. I go to the clinic on tuesday morning. I"m so nervous about it I find myself in tears often just thinking about it. It's hard not having insurance because I have this gut feeling I"m not going to hear an easy fix.

good news is I've been doing alot of reading since posting here. you all have given me so much to think about. your pm's and emails and posts have been very enlightening. I've read about these devices to help stretch it back in place more, I've read about creams and hormones and so many things my mind is boggled. my list for the doc is growing longer and I"m trying to jot down things I think of that are bothering me. I"m even armed with some printouts just in case I"m told I"m out of my mind and these problems don't exist.

I tried to have sex again last night, needless to say my emotions are somewhat raw at this moment. I"m feeling really down. I know I can get through this and find a solution but I'm not a very happy camper right now. I don't know whether to slug my husband for asking me if it hurts or hug him for trying to understand.

KathleenM I can't tell you whether it gets better. I'm asking that question myself as of late. I'm too close to the subject and the emotional baggage of it to offer any advice but I encourage you to reach out on these forums. these ladies have been holding me together for the last few days. read through the posts they've written to me and the other posts, there is alot of useful information here.

me...I'll let you know what happens on tuesday, I"m off to crawl through this site some more.

Kelli
Unread 07-25-2004, 09:52 PM
hi thanks

thanks michelle35.. to make a short story i got married in november,in janurary i got sick and went to the dr. and found out i had a almost 4 pound fibroid tumor,i had a radical abdomenal hysterectomy they took everything..in april10 after my operation march 30 my beloved husband what a joke said to me he wanted a divorce he didn't want a sick wife..i didn't even wait the time to heal i was there a month after operation and i drove back to texas...i have tryed a couple of times with a friend ni know for years but i was panic and scared it was a complete flop and was even sadded i have no feelings also i readly tryed .is this going to the end of me?
Unread 07-25-2004, 09:55 PM
another q?

is depression normal? or does that happen when everything is upside down..i feel so empty..
Unread 07-25-2004, 09:59 PM
Is this true??????

He really told you he wanted a divorce, cause he didn't want a sick wife????? OMG you poor dear!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really feel for you.

I will pray that your suffering ends soon. Hang in there!!!!!!!!
GIRL POWER is what really makes the world spin.

Hugs
Jeanne
Unread 07-25-2004, 10:24 PM
sad and lonely

yes he said that.. he sent papers a month ago for me to sign.. i am trying to hang in there, it was a shock for me to find out i had to have this operation then on top going thru a divorce so soon after marriage and relocation and jobless and now i can't even have sex without panic what i am i supposed to do.....

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register