Post Op Update | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Post Op Update Post Op Update

Unread 07-21-2004, 07:05 PM
Post Op Update

Hello all,

Today was my 2 week post op appointment. All is great and I am finally pain free for the first time in 7 months. My DR was great she looked at my incisions and had no answers for the bruise on the skin about where my right ovary use to be. It isn't painful so she said just keep an eye on it. I have been cleared to go to the gym but nothing real strenuous. I can swim, walk and recumbant bike. Did I say I could finally swim. I will see her again in December for 1 year follow up if I am still in the area. My DH lost his job yesterday because his employer caught wind of him applying for disability. Not a real good situation. Lawyers are now involved so this is another journey that I will have to deal with.

My Husband has a rare autoimmune disease called Macardles Disease. It is in a very progressive state right now and his body is rejecting his muscles so he takes 40mg of prednizone a day as well as a transplant drug that wipes out his immune system. The prognosis is not good so life right now is not the best. I am feeling great but wonder why. Bills need to paid and you really can't pay much on a teachers salary especially here in New Mexico. We will be fine. We have had tougher health issues to deal with but we can at least say we know where we stand health wise. He is eligable for unemployment but that won't last for long. He is a government contractee. They basically drummed up some stuff that makes no sense. We will wait and see what the lawyer says. I will continue to take care of myself and family the best that I can and hope that it all works out in the end. Any one know of a company that is looking for a carbon composit engineer??? Can't hurt to ask.

Good Luck everyone. There is light at the end of the tunnel so push your drs to get the help you all need. Mine thought she would find nothing. Wrong. Massive adhesions and lots of pain. Now all gone. s to everyone and hopefully you will be pain free also.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-22-2004, 06:36 PM
Post Op Update

((((Sally)))) Thank you for the update. I'm so happy that you are healing fine and that the bruising appears to not be anything to worry about Do take it easy on the exercise: remember to resume gradually in order to avoid further problems.

Sending lots of s for you and your DH. Hopefully, all will work it out in the end.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register