no bleeding after LEEP | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

no bleeding after LEEP no bleeding after LEEP

Unread 07-22-2004, 10:32 AM
no bleeding after LEEP

Hi,

As some of you might have read my previous posts that I finally changed my mind and have gone for a LEEP on July 19th.

OK. I am back to work now. The funny thing is that I have no bleeding nor discharge at all after the procedure. Is this normal? I appreciate your feedback.

The pathology report will be available on the 26th. I shall keep you girls posted. Pray for me please!

Kim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-22-2004, 11:31 AM
no bleeding after LEEP

Hello

I would not know about bleeding after a leep as I have never had one. But some times the doctor will put something on the incision site to keep it from bleeding. That may or may not be the case.

If it was me, and I was concerned about it I would call the doctors office and ask them about it.
Unread 07-22-2004, 02:45 PM
no bleeding after LEEP

Thank you for your response. I called my Doctor and it is normal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-22-2004, 02:49 PM
no bleeding after LEEP

Hello jjgo6

I have had 4 leeps and I didn't have any bleeding with any of them... I had a little discharge, but nothing serious...... I think the only thing that bothered me the most was the smell of burnt flesh..... I think having a leep is easier then having a colp...... Glad to hear you are doing well..... Take care

Rambi
Unread 07-22-2004, 07:10 PM
no bleeding after LEEP

Thank you! What was your diagnosis? I hope you are well now.
Unread 07-23-2004, 10:27 AM
no bleeding after LEEP

I had a LEEP procedure done last month after my copolscopy showed abnormal cells and dysplasia. I too had no bleeding. Just a slight yellowish discharge. The reports came back from Pathology stating that the margins were clear! Hurray! I go back in mid-September for a follow up.

Sending (((postive & healthy vibes))) to you! Keep us posted when you get your report back.

Wishing you well!

Hugs!
Barb
Unread 07-26-2004, 10:47 AM
no bleeding after LEEP

Yellowish discharge began to show on the 4th day after surgery. It has been brown/yellow since...... Just called my Oncologist for the pathology result, but, it has not come back yet. Will check tomorrow. Keep my fingers crossed!!

Love to you all......

Kim
Unread 07-26-2004, 11:00 AM
bleeding

I had my LEEP and Cone biopsy done on June 29 and am still having some minor spotting. I have adenocarcinoma in situ and squamous cell carcinoma. My margins were not clear and I will have a hysterectomy on Aug. 4 on the advice of my gyn and a gyn/oncologist she consulted.

The first few days, I didn't really have any discharge to speak of. Then it started as a yellowish brown kind of watery consistency. It progressed to a more pinkish spotting. Then I got my period two weeks after the LEEP. Since my period ended, I have continued to spot. My doctor told me my cervix tends to bleed a little more than most which may be why mine has continued. She told me 3-4 weeks of some discharge is not abnormal.

Sherlyn
Unread 07-26-2004, 01:08 PM
no bleeding after LEEP

I actually just had a second LEEP procedure done on the 20th. Both times I only had minor spotting/discharge after the LEEP. It appears to me to be more like tissue and solution (that they put on to stop the bleeding) rather than blood. I hope all your margins are clear, and mine as well! I hope to get my results soon. I will keep you in my prayers!
Unread 07-27-2004, 06:47 AM
Re: bleeding

Sherlyn,
I am thinking about Hysterectomy too. Although my GYN Oncologist did not recommend that...... But, I am scared to death.

Kim
  Quote:
Originally posted by sherlyn
I had my LEEP and Cone biopsy done on June 29 and am still having some minor spotting. I have adenocarcinoma in situ and squamous cell carcinoma. My margins were not clear and I will have a hysterectomy on Aug. 4 on the advice of my gyn and a gyn/oncologist she consulted.

The first few days, I didn't really have any discharge to speak of. Then it started as a yellowish brown kind of watery consistency. It progressed to a more pinkish spotting. Then I got my period two weeks after the LEEP. Since my period ended, I have continued to spot. My doctor told me my cervix tends to bleed a little more than most which may be why mine has continued. She told me 3-4 weeks of some discharge is not abnormal.

Sherlyn

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register