Back from a Real Dr....wasted summer! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Back from a Real Dr....wasted summer! Back from a Real Dr....wasted summer!

Unread 07-22-2004, 11:38 AM
Back from a Real Dr....wasted summer!

Me again...I drove 50miles to see a real Dr. today. I explained to him my horrible odreal with the Leep/cone Dr. troubles, etc. Anywho this Doc who is an oncologist told me that the LEEP/cone that I had was a waste of time and that it did nothing! He explained that with just the results from my pap that he should have performed a cold knife cone right from the start.
I then explained that the resident that I saw at the womans health clinic gave me 2 choices, wait 4 months which she highly reccomended, or have a cold cone, and when I told her I wanted the cone, she informed me that I then have changed my mind about having children, and to think it over for a week or so and get back to her. My Dr. today was immediately on the phone to the head of the clinic due to the fact that during a recent board meeting, this womans name came up quite a bit about mis-information and giving patients the brush off.
Now I am waiting to hear back from the new doc, who unfortunately cannot perform my cone due to my horrible insurance, but now that he is involved, I will be scheduling my cone and hopefully be done with the sub-standard care I have grown to expect. My goodness, this all could have been done and over with months ago, instead, because of all the jerking around, I will be missing out on the entire summer. Still bleeding so swimming and the beach is still out etc. Well, I guess everything happens for a reason.
One last bit of advice....always listen to your mother! As much as I hate to admit it, my mother is always right about what to do and which docs to see....Kudos to mom!
KEMP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-22-2004, 11:53 AM

I am sorry that your summer has been shot, but I do hope that the resident gets a severe repremand. At leat the doctor you have seen will be getting the ball rolling and you will get your cone soon. Insurance is a pain in the , but if we didn't have it then where would we be?? But that does not excuse the resident in brushing you off.

As you said at the end I agree "Mothers are usually alway right"

God Bless
Unread 07-22-2004, 11:55 AM

Hi Kemp, I am glad you seem to have confidence in the the doctor you just saw and moreover that he appears to want to help you. It is so unfortunate your insurance severely limits which physicians you can use. Can this new doctor perhap recommend a doctor from among those you are allowed to use to do the procedure you need? Please let us know how you make out.
s and blessings, peggiesue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-22-2004, 01:55 PM

Hi Kemp,

Considering that your new doctor is not on your insurance plan:

Can you ask him to petition your plan to accept him for your treatment? I do NOT know the details about this, but when there was a possibility that I was going to have to switch to an insurance plan that my WONDERFUL oncologist was not on, the doc's office told me that sometimes they can petition the insurance company to accept them for your treatment.
It *MIGHT* be something for you to look into?????

Good luck. I'm so glad to hear that you are FINALLY on the right path to good health! May THAT be the end of that nonsense!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register