newbie also | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 07-22-2004, 07:09 PM
newbie also

Hi there,

I was just diagnosed with Stage 1 Endometrial cancer with atypical hyperplasia. My hysterectomy is on 8/9/04. I have never had surgery nor been in the hospital before and I am nervous. I have great family and friends and lots of faith and I know I will be ok. I am 42 and single and have never had a child. The right one has never come along and now I am heartbroken. I desperately want to adopt and want the child here tomorrow yet know it is unrealistic and I have to focus on my surgery and recovery first. Has anyone here ever adopted after cancer surgery? Will they have issues with the cancer history and being single? Let me know. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-22-2004, 08:12 PM
newbie also

Kerry, I am sorry about the cancer diagnosis. You will find much support here. It sounds as if your cancer was caught at an early stage. We have a lovely sister on this board name Maureenie who I am sure will be along soon. She went thru surgery, chemo and radiation and she and recently adopted a daughter from Guatamela. Here is a link to a thread when she told us of the adoption. https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...hreadid=124844
Unread 07-22-2004, 08:41 PM
newbie also

Hey Kerry.....I also had stage 1 endometrial cancer and I just want to ease your fears a little about the surgery if I can. While it isn't something I'd sign up for again just as a way to pass a Saturday afternoon, it's absolutely tolerable. The first 24 hours were sort of a blur due to the magic morphine button so I can't honestly say I remember it too well, but I never had any unbearable pain. It's more discomfort, and was easily managed with the meds.
Recovery is somewhat tedious, not because of pain, but just not being able to do what you're used to. Be prepared to get lots and lots of rest, be gentle with yourself and your recovery will be smooth
We're here to help you along the way in any way we can
Ceedeewho
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-22-2004, 08:57 PM
newbie also

I was diagnosed with ovarian cancer last September. I am 36, never married, and have no children. I'm in remission now. I wanted you to know that you are not alone. I also would like to adopt a child in the future. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Stephanie
Unread 07-23-2004, 12:01 AM
newbie also

Kerry
You and I share the same dx. My surgery was two years ago. I hope everything goes well for you. I agree....you should concentrate on your health right now....Are you seeing a onc/gyn? I hope so.
I am not sure about the pre - req's for adopting, but I remember a member that had surgery for a cancer dx and she adopted a child from a foreign country very soon after her surgery. Maybe another member will remember her name.
Take care and keep us posted on your surgery and recovery. If I can be of help let me know. Chris

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register