encouragment to spend time with God | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Posts from the Heart > Prayer Requests for Hyster Sisters

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

encouragment to spend time with God encouragment to spend time with God

Unread 07-23-2004, 12:50 PM
encouragment to spend time with God

I wrote this for my church's womens newsletter. I wanted to share it if it was okay.

Paradise in a Garden...
Have you ever imagined what it would feel like to touch Jesus’s hand? Well ladies, I have felt Jesus’s hand.

Let me begin by letting you know that my most difficult struggle is spending time with my LORD on a daily basis.

On the last ladies study at church, during worship, I closed my eyes and just tried to empty my mind of the things of the day, like what went on at work, getting dinner done, making sure homework was done and making sure the baby was set for the evening before I could leave for study. (Not always an easy thing to accomplish). I tilted my head back ,went blank, no thoughts running in and out of my head, no hearing other people sing, just silence. Suddenly I thought I smelled a scent of a flower and it became stronger and stronger, this image started to form in my mind, it became clearer and clearer. I was looking through an arch shaped trellis and into a beautiful garden, one that was so bright with flowers, red, purple, orange, yellow, green, blue, just an assortment of different flowers. If you have ever seen or could just imagine an Old English Garden, one that is just full of beauty and that smelled so wonderful, just lean back and open your senses and imagine what all those flowers would smell like, hundreds upon hundreds of different flowers. I started to enter the Garden, without any apprehensions, just absolute peace and comfort. I walked toward what I thought was a fountain in the middle of the Garden, I looked a little beyond the fountain and saw a wooden bench with iron arm rests and a man with his back toward me sitting there. The sun was shining so bright, it was so warm, I just continued to walk toward that man, I had to walk through this hanging floral tree, moving it’s branches out of my way. I had this incredible need, desire to reach him. After walking through a row of beautiful yellow, red and pink roses, I finally reached that fountain. I walked toward the bench, and even before I reached it, this man took his right hand and put it out to his side, palms up, I instinctively placed my hand in his and I was so comforted and felt so safe. I looked at him, but I could not see his face, just this image. Then he spoke to me, “Come here and sit down with me my daughter, I have been waiting to talk to you.

I was totally blown away, I was sitting here with my LORD who WANTED to sit and talkwith me, who WAITED for me, who brought me to this beautiful place. A place where there were no distractions, it seemed that we just sat and talked for a long time, but in actuality it was only a few minutes. Then all of a sudden as quick as I had that image in my mind, it was gone. I opened my eyes and thought for a moment, did I fall asleep, did I imagine this, I was a little confused. Then we began our study.

When I was getting ready for bed, I thought about the “dream”. That night, I woke up in the middle of the night, thinking about my “dream”.

WAKE UP CALL it wasn’t a dream, it was the LORD coming to me, asking me, wanting me to spend time just sitting with him, talking with him, realizing that my LORD is always there no matter how much I mess up or how busy I may think I am. He is always waiting patiently, there for me.

I was curious as to why the LORD brought me to a Garden. I looked the word up in the Bible. In Gen. 2:8-9 the Garden was the first home established for Adam and Eve, a place of security and peace. In Greek, the word is used to describe “a covered or hidden place” In Psalm 91:1 it says He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.

This experience has just overwhelmed me. To truly know and understand that my LORD desires to talk with me, that he brought me to a place where I was physically there holding his hand, listening to him, understanding his desire. To know that GOD will make his presence known to me in anyway he sees fit whenever he sees fit is just amazing.

I want so much to have that same feeling day after day. Guess what, I can everyday, by going to Him and talking with him, listening to him. I took that for granted and it was not until he took me to our Garden did I realize how truly amazing it is to spend time with him.

Just a quick lesson from my GOD, that peace is obtainable by just spending time with him. Try it and be ready for an awesome experience. I AM....Paradise in a Garden...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-23-2004, 01:12 PM

How beautiful! I too need to be more displined about spending time with the Lord.
Unread 07-23-2004, 09:01 PM

(((( sndee ))))

Wow! Thanks for sharing this inspiring Dream with us. What a beautiful reminder that we need to spend quiet time with the Lord,after all he is never too busy to spend time with us.

God bless
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-25-2004, 01:24 PM

Hi,

I found this yesterday and came back today to share it with my DH.

Thank you for posting this inspiration.

Judy
Unread 07-25-2004, 10:31 PM

OK - chills everywhere. Thanks so much for sharing. I have had a wake-up call recently from the Lord that I have been trying to control/run/manage my household/family/kids/life. It's not mine to control! It's the Lord's!

He is our gracious Saviour. I am so thankful He is so much more faithful than we will ever imagine to be. I can't wait to sit beside Him or better yet on His lap and have Him stroke my hair and tell me it's ok. If I truly let Him fulfill my needs, I won't be so insecure and try to get it fulfilled elsewhere (i.e. DH) and be so insatiably needy.

He has been waiting for me and calling me, too. It has taken me awhile to listen and hear, but I am now.
Unread 07-26-2004, 12:13 AM

That dream is just absolutely beautiful and inspiring. It is a message for us all. Thank you so much for sharing it with us here.~Moonchime

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register