brain fog funnies | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

brain fog funnies brain fog funnies

Unread 07-23-2004, 10:28 PM
brain fog funnies

All right Ladies,
What is the funniest thing you've done having post op brain fog? I will tell my tale:

My DH took me to go eat with my family at 2-3 wks postop. I ordered a fried chicken fillet, and was having such a terrible time cutting it into bites. When I complained about it, my DH said "Well sweetie, you might try using a fork. That spoon probably won't cut your chicken!" I actually said I was not using a spoon, it was a fork. I held it up, it was indeed a spoon. My whole family laughed at me! Ever since, if I say/do something werid and he gives me that look, I say "Hey, what do I know? I'm the girl who tried to cut her chicken with a spoon".

Okay, its your turn!

SABA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-24-2004, 05:14 AM
brain fog funnies

I have had 3 episodes THIS WEEK! One night I cooked squash, using a double boiler to steam it. Several minutes after turning on the gas cooktop I kept hearing this popping noise. I had not put ANY water in the pan and just about ruined my favorite pot.

Then, we were going to a neighborhood party last night. I've had it on my calender for 2 weeks. I'd gone out and bought a new skirt to wear a few days ago, did my nails, my self-tanning the night before, and just finished baking cookies to take late yesterday afternoon. I checked the email one more time to verify the party was at 7:00. That's when I realized it's NEXT FRIDAY. If I hadn't checked we would have been on their doorstep a week early.

The 3rd one was when I was going shopping for the new skirt for the party and involves a driving error that could have been really bad. I was stopped at a red light on a busy major road. When the light turned green for those turning left, I took off straight ahead, wondering why the cars in the other 2 lanes weren't coming with me. I was horrifed! It really scared me so much I haven't told anyone. I'm wondering when this will go away, as I'm coming up on 6 weeks now! Surely it's not permanent?

Mimi
Unread 07-25-2004, 04:15 PM
brain fog funnies

I put a whole gallon of milk up in the cabinet with the dishes. A short while later, I wanted some more milk and couldn't find it for the life of me!

Well I found it later while I was putting up dishes!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-26-2004, 01:43 PM
brain fog funnies

My poor dogs are hungry, I come home and they get all excited for supper, I say ok I'll feed you guys, go in the living room for something and then I'm on the couch watching TV, next thing you know I got three dogs given me their hunger faces following me around until I go back in the kitchen and realize I forgot to feed them,

Oh Yeah, I almost forgot, DEODORANT!! I seem to forget about putting that stuff on every morning,

I think I'm gonna have to start sticking post it notes everywhere or have a daily checklist of what I should be doing everyday LOLs
Unread 07-26-2004, 05:06 PM
brain fog funnies

oh lord I can relate to this thread. I've had brain fog for a while now.

a few nights ago it was hot here in cali and even though I had already showered earlier in the day it was just so hot and sticky I really wanted another one. My hair had that gummy sweaty feeling that is just so gross. so I told my hubby, "I'm gonna go take a nice cool shower and wash my mop"

well I was standing in the shower daydreaming and just enjoying the whole over all experience. it was so nice I didn't want to get out. finally I hurried and showered and got out. it was while I was combing out my hair that I realized I forgot to wash my hair and that's the main reason I took another shower to begin with! I have hair to my butt so it's pretty hard to forget having it especially when it's wet but I guess brain fog will do that to you!

I have also forgotten to buy dishwashing soap every day this week even though I've been to the store several times. grief I wish I had my brain back!
Unread 07-26-2004, 07:08 PM
brain fog funnies

Is there such a thing as pre-surgery brain fog???

I set my alarm, got up on time, started to get ready for work: ironed a shirt, started to put on my make-up... and then realized it was Saturday.
Unread 07-26-2004, 08:35 PM
oh my

how i can relate. last week i went to feed my dog but instead of putting her food in her bowl i started to put it in the trash can. she just looked at like i was on something.

tonight i made some coffee which i love, went to put creamer in it and graped the coffee instead of the creamer and had to stain my cup into another cup. but i did have a lap with d&c today so that could explain that one.

and i am always forgetting how to spell words like the , and , if boy do i feel dumb. hugs to all debbie
Unread 07-27-2004, 10:20 AM
brain fog funnies

I have a story that just had my sister and I in stitches.
My sister and I were talking about snacks one day. Chips vs. crackers and whatnot (hey, it's the best conversation I could muster at the time). Anyway, she mentioned that my dad had hid some Cheetos behind this basket on top of the fridge. For the life of me, I could not figure out what a Cheeto was, and it's my favorite munchie!
Unread 07-27-2004, 10:32 AM
brain fog funnies

Hi everybody, I have read in several posts that some gals have noticed a change in their eyesight since their surgeries.

Well, I slept most of the first 3 weeks anyway. But I did seem to notice that things didn't look as clear as I thought they should. Since I had read that other people noticed a change in their vision I wasn't too worried.

Then, 5 wooks post-op my DH and I went for a weekend camping trip. Just an hour away, took the dog and the pop-up camper, not really roughing it but lots of nice leisurely walks and fresh air. But boy did I notice that I had begun to bend my glasses since I kept them on when I had been napping on the couch at home, and wow, my left eye seemed to be getting worse by the day.

So. . . we get home, and I realize that I reached in the drawer and had pulled out my OLD pair of glasses that I haven't worn in 6 months and had been wearing them for the past 3 weeks and DH hadn't even noticed the difference either!!

Is brain fog contagious!

Blessings to you all as you heal!
Unread 07-27-2004, 09:30 PM
brain fog funnies

Shhhhhh....don't tell my DH, but Mimi, I did the same thing as you. I had people honking at me like crazy! It scared me to death! I felt so dumb I did not say anything to anyone.

A few days later I got out a 1/2 gallon of ice cream - you know - I was having a MAJOR craving for some. I had been looking forward to a major chocolate-ice-cream-fest all day.
Well, the ice cream was rock hard, so I decided to let it sit out a few minutes to thaw. In the mean time, I went and threw in a load of laundry. Then, brain fog set in and I got sidetracked I guess, because later on my DS yells from the kitchen, "Mommy! There is melted ice cream aaaaaallllllll over the counter and the floor!" I could not believe that I had totally forgotten about the whole thing! This is especially odd for me. The most hard core ice cream addict in the universe! Before moving to Texas, I lived in New Hampshire for awhile and I was thrilled to know that Ben and Jerry's was the next state over! LOL Oh well, maybe it should be called mentalpause!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register