MARY'S FEELING ALITTLE SCARY | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

MARY'S FEELING ALITTLE SCARY MARY'S FEELING ALITTLE SCARY

Unread 12-04-2000, 11:30 PM
MARY'S FEELING ALITTLE SCARY

I'M SCHEDULED FOR COMPLETE HYSTER ON JAN. 15TH AND I GUESS WHATS SCARES ME THE MOST IS THE SURGERY ITSELF. I KNOW I WON'T KNOW WHATS UP, BUT THE THOUGHT OF BEING PUT TO SLEEP HAS ME SPOOKED. I ALSO WORRY, MAYBE IRRATIONALLY ABOUT POST-OP COMPLICATIONS. I SURE COULD USE SOME HUGS AND SUPPORT. I LIVE IN AND TOWNHOME AND MY BEDROOM IS 15 STAIRS UP, YIKES!!MY DOCTOR SAID I HAVE NO RESTRICTIONS ON STAIRS BUT I WONDER HOW I WILL MANAGE? WELL...I'M OPEN TO ANY HELP, THANKS!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-04-2000, 11:45 PM
Don't be scared yet?

Hi,
I am scheduled for a TAH on 1/16/2001, the day after you, and I am trying to be brave. I live in Ipswich, near Brisbane, Australia, I work full time, and keep myself busy at home (2 daughters & husband)

I have decided to walk every morning and eat healthy food, to make sure that I am as fit as can be before my op. I know that this will help me have a good recovery, and I'm trying not to think about any nasties that may be in there with my fibroids.

Try to stay positive, and feed your body, exercise a little and enjoy Christmas and New Year as much as you can.... that's what I'll be doing.

Take care, maybe we'll check on each other a few days before we go to the castle... might be a little nervous by then... but no, not now. Be brave, and I will too!

Unread 12-05-2000, 02:47 AM
MARY'S FEELING ALITTLE SCARY

It might help to keep in mind why you are going through with this and how much better you will feel when all is said and done. That helped me to alleviate some of the fear.
I know it is hard not to worry about what is to come. It won't be pleasant and it won't be fun but it is usually well worth it in the end if it ends all the pain and suffering or disease we go through.
You will be ok. Just be good to yourself and don't do too much and give yourself plenty of time to heal and plenty of patience. That is the most important ingredient in all of this...patience.
You are worth it!
As for the stairs;You may wanna camp out on the couch for awhile or even have your bed moved downstairs for a week or two?
I know stairs would have killed me in my first 4 weeks of recovery!
Will see you on the post op side soon! Take care!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-05-2000, 09:22 AM
Stairs

Hi,
I had NO problems with stairs. I live in a three story house and went downstairs right away. Just be sure your foot is well planted before moving. I have had no major problems so far. I am just about 4 weeks post op. Time will just fly by. Like you I was afraid of being put under, but it was a piece of cake! I had a wonderful OR staff and a wonderful nursing staff. Take Care, if you have any questions you would like to ask me just click on the card icon at the bottom of my post and I will be glad to answer if I can! Would I do it agin? In a heartbeat!

Hugs
Unread 12-05-2000, 10:36 AM
(((((HUGS!))))))

Hi terrbearslady

I hope your keeping busy....its so much easier not to worry that way!! As you read these posts from other ladies who have already been crowned ther is often a common thread whih is..the waiting is the worst. I too hope they are all right as I soooo have looked to them for wisdom and advice through this adventure! Always know you are NOT alone..try to believe there is a reason for everything (Maybe thats how you found this site?) And above all try to focus on how much better you'll feel? As for the stairs...My first thought was try to "walk up on your butt" you know the opposit of what we all did by sliding down stairs on our butt when we were kids? Never thought I'd be one to say "those were the days" but......werent they..Just lived to have fun!!HEE! HEE! Any way in retrospect maybe going up on you butt wouldnt be so great! HA! HA! However moving the bed downstairs sounded good. Just curious...Where did the name terrbearslady name come from?

Warm wishes
[Edited by Helen M. on 12-05-2000]

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register