Blood Clots | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 07-25-2004, 09:23 AM
Blood Clots

Hi,
I am suppose to have a hysterectomy as soon as I set up the date. I have a cyst on left ovary, 2 large fibriods. I am having my period right now and I have been bleeding heavy(I feel anyway)for 3 days now. I passed a large blood clot while drying my hair this AM. I felt a gush but did not realize it was a blood clot. It was pretty big to me. I would say the length of a watch and quite denser. It scared me. usually my clots are tiny ones in a clump. I am afriad of being put to sleep but I know I really should have the surgery. Even went for a second opinion to another gyno and she suggests it.
Can anyone relate to me?
Thanks,
Diane
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-25-2004, 09:39 AM
Blood Clots

I pass the large clots too. I am scheduled for Wed (7-28) I have a big ole fibroid attached to the left side of my uterus probably on the ovary. They can't tell right now. I hate the large clots because like you say it's an all of a sudden thing and then just gushing. It's scary not to mention inconvenient. Making time to have the surgery honestly is a pain but I am pretty sure that I will be glad in the long run.

Good luck.
Camille
TAH
Unread 07-25-2004, 09:58 AM
Blood Clots

I can totally relate to you. I had a fibroid attached directly to my uterus that was the size of a grapefruit. I passed HUGE clots that were not only disgusting, but also frightening. I was bleeding so heavily that I had to stop working. Last year I went out of work on disability in early July, had a biopsy in August, a myomectomy in September and a hysterectomy in October. I went back to work in January.

I don't miss the sudden flooding that made it impossible to leave the house. I don't miss the anemia or the ruined panties. I feel really free now, I can buy myself the $18 pairs of panties I love because I don't fear ruining them. I can wear white pants any time I want and I don't have to worry about ruining vacations because I might get my period and not be able to function.

I was scared about the surgery, but very glad I did it. I'm 34, never had children, and am single. I feel like I have my life back.

Good luck with your upcoming surgery, feel free to send me a message or email if you need someone to talk to.

Take care,
Mary Ellen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-25-2004, 12:33 PM
Blood Clots

i remember, sadly, actually showing my fella the size of my first BIG clot. i was scared. it freaked him out, too.

as it turned out they got bigger and bigger the whole last year until they were literally the size of small rodents. a gerbil, i'd say. there was no way for me to control the bleeding and it would go on all month long. i couldn't work, take a drive, run to a store without planning my direct route to the bathroom then the fastest path to what i needed (usually more Flo supplies).

i knew i wanted a definate cure. we only knew of the fibroids for sure when deciding about which surgery (myomectomy, UAE, ablation, hysterectomy).

it was a very hard decision as i have no children. i decided on hysterectomy. so glad i did. they found endometriosis, adenomyosis, the fibroids (more than they thought), and precancerous cells in my cervix. no wonder it was making me sick.

hope all goes well for you and that you are as pleased with your decision as i am when all is said and done.

the best is yet to come!
mish
Unread 07-25-2004, 02:17 PM
Blood Clots

Oh, yes, I recall the first time that happened to me. It was very scary. I called my husband to see because I thought I had had a miscarriage or something. I even went to the emergency department.

Since then, it's happened many times over but I don't panic as much as I did the first time. Anything new like that, however, is always worth a call to your doctor.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register