prolapse relapse | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

prolapse relapse prolapse relapse

Unread 07-26-2004, 01:52 PM
prolapse relapse

Hi Ladies,
I am 21 months post op now. The cystocele part of my op was never really a success and now tonight I am sure I can feel the rectocele part pushing down now. Has anyone had to have prolapses repaired twice in such a short time. I am very disappointed as I don't think I can face going throught the whole rigmarole all over again so soon.
Help!!!!
Erica
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-26-2004, 01:56 PM
prolapse relapse

Oh honey!!! I am so sorry to hear you are going through this again. I have both. I have not had my surgery yet but I can tell you I know what pain you must be in. I hope everything goes well for you and that you are not suffering from all of this again. (((((hugs)))))
Unread 07-26-2004, 02:17 PM
prolapse relapse

I'm so, so sorry to hear this!! I'm having my VH and cystocele repair on Thursday. What does your doctor say about why it's not been more successful? You're in my thoughts and prayers.

Huge Hugs,
Merlynne
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-27-2004, 12:02 AM
prolapse relapse

Dear Erica, I'm so sorry that you are going through this! I had my vagina prolapse three times and had four surgeries in 14 months before my repair was successful. I would recommend that you find a doctor that is skilled in reconstruction. My last surgery was done by a oncological gynecologist... though I do not have cancer and that surgery has been successful for a year so far... I am now facing a complication from that however...
The other little piece of advice I would recommend is that you walk around as soon as you can. I developed a dvt after the fourth surgery... I think from the multiple surgeries and from being "too careful"... for fear of another failure... just don't lift, push or pull! I pray that all will go well for you! Blessings!
Blkisue
Unread 07-27-2004, 06:26 AM
prolapse relapse

i too am healing up from prolapse relapse repairs. i had a TVH with cytocele and rectocele repairs 10 years ago. i then had another cystocele and rectocele repaired 2 weeks ago. i'm convinced that if i had gotten myself in better shape with kegels and physical therapy, it wouldn't have relapsed. if the muscles are strong, the fascia doesn't have to work to hold everything up. of course the dr then didn't educate me, but now i know. anybody else out there going though relapse problems? how did you get things to stay up to make it a success?

christina
Unread 07-27-2004, 06:50 AM
Prolapse agasin too

I had my tvh and cystolene repair on MArch 30th . It is back. The Dr. Sent me to a Physical Therapsit first and I may also need a kind of net type surgery to hold it back up. i ahve beenplagued with Urinary tract infections since the relapse prolapse. My dr. did not want to do surger ttight awat as my body needs TIME to heal. It is really disappointing. I feel like I wasted 12 weeks of my life and had a Hysterectomy that was not even needed. Pam
Unread 07-27-2004, 11:12 PM
prolapse relapse

Dearest ladies,
Thank-you so much for your ind words and advice! I haven't even been to my G.P. yet! I sought out your comments first as I thought I was just imagining the prolapse! Of course I know I am not.
I will pluck up courage to go and se my G.P. next week and start the long trek to get my repair re-done.
love Erica xxxxxxxxxx
Unread 08-11-2004, 11:36 AM
prolapse again

Thank you all for sharing this difficulty. I too am having a relapse of the cyctocele repair . I had a hysterectomy with cystocele and recolcele. I was just stunned to find myself in this state. I thought I was good to go for life. Well, I wrote you all, took up my pelvic floor excercise(wish I had done it months ago), but am now giving up denial and called my doctor yesterday. Like to know what all the options are, surgically as well as therapy. Love, to us all. p.s. It was 10.03 when I had surgery.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register