Pathology Report-Chronic Inflammation of the Gallbladder Wall-No Stones | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pathology Report-Chronic Inflammation of the Gallbladder Wall-No Stones Pathology Report-Chronic Inflammation of the Gallbladder Wall-No Stones

Unread 07-27-2004, 03:30 AM
Pathology Report-Chronic Inflammation of the Gallbladder Wall-No Stones

Just wanted to let everyone know that I am one week post op from having my gallbladder out and Dr. told me that the pathology report came back, "Chronic Inflammation of the Gallbladder Wall-but no stones".

I have to say that I was very happy and relieved at the same time.

I now have no more pain, no more heartburn, my allergies finally have gotten better, no more nausea, vomitting, not tired, and it looks like my dark circles under my eyes are quickly disappearing. Why am I up now? I have two puppies that wanted to go outside and I wanted to share my new to everyone just in case I can help someone/anyone who went/or is going through what I did. I know the Drs. all thought I was crazy, but I kept complaining of pain and was lucky enough to have my regular Dr. believe me and sent me to a surgeon who then, after having all test showed negative results blood tests, ultra sound, endoscopy, Hida Scan, and Cat Scan, believed me and did the surgery anyway and took my gallbladder out.

The surgeon is uncertain how or when I got an inflammed gallbladder, but I know he was just as happy as I was yesterday at the pathology report.

Remember if something hurts, something is wrong and complain until someone believes you.

Bye
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-27-2004, 08:04 AM

Carrie:

You rock!!!

Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us. Often it takes more persistance than it "should" to get good treatment. You are a fine example of how determination can lead to better care!

I am so happy that you are feeling better!! And, kudos to the surgeon! Just love the docs that have realized that we live in these bodies and know when something isn't right.
Unread 07-27-2004, 09:57 AM

Thank you!

I really do hope that someday someone will do a search on gallbladder like I did and come across all my posts which will in turn help them.

For the record, I gave my surgeon a great big hug. I know he was not expecting that, but he had a great big smile. As I was walking out, the surgeon said, "anytime you need a surgeon just give me a call". As much as I liked him, I hope I don't have to go back.

Thanks again!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-31-2004, 12:55 AM

Monti,
Glad you're doing so well sans gallbladder!
Must be that inflammation of the g-bladder wall can't be
seen on the usual tests???
Am being tested for gallbladder problems now
ultra showed nothing, waiting for HEDA results. Heda
was yesterday, and today I feel like a prize fighter
got his licks into my rib cage--not hard pain, just sore.............
How long did you deal with pain before going for tests?
I'm sure your gall bladder problems are related to the hyst. I've mentioned this before,
but my cousin says in Alaska they usually remove the gall bladder
when having a hyst--
I don't relish another surgery, but your posts have lifted my
spirits if this is the case. thanks!!
Leigh
Unread 07-31-2004, 10:52 AM

Carrie,
I'm so glad that you're feeling much better. I know that your story will help your fellow sisters.
Unread 07-31-2004, 01:50 PM

Leigh,

Sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your gallbladder too. The pain can be so painful that is doubles you over, but most days it is just like having a fist inside your rib cage sqeezing the heck out of your gallbladder. I do not think the pain is worse than endo/aden, but I have to say that the pain is just in an odd spot. The only remedy for this is to stop eating period. Yeah right!

Actually, I have always had problems with my gallbladder since I was 19 and I can't tell you how many ultra sounds I have had. I guess if the inflammation is severe it can be seen on an ultra sound. Well I am never that lucky. Heck the Dr. did my hysterectomy only because I begged for it and found I had SEVERE ENDO/ADEN. Too wild! I had a laproscopy and Dr. said he could find nothing; I don't believe him either.

My pain got unbearable 2 weeks post op of my TAH/BSO and I thought I had an infection, well I did, but I thought it was endo on my gallbladder. Why? Well many girls at work had their gallbladders out but would miss work because of the pain, cry to the Dr., and go to the emergency room. I was in pain, but like I said endo/aden was much worse and I just continued to deal with it and went on my marry way. Only because I thought I had endo and I thought it would spread, I pursued my Drs. Once the Drs. ruled out endo, the Drs. asked about heartburn, food, and stool color. Hey I had heartburn real bad, if I ate chocolate, egges, or drank coffee and who knows what else I was miserable. Heck, I did what all Hystersisters did and adapted to it and cut my food in half, lost weight, but I freaked out when my stool was almost white. Because I taught a drug and alcohol class 10 years ago as a Probation Officer, I thought I had Hepititis. How could I. My urine was bright yellown not brown. Anyway, I got a fever one time and the stool color looked like my dog's "MILK BONE" and that is when the Dr. sent me to a surgeon and because of my age and my family history, every woman in the family had gallbladder disease, I was given the option to take out my gallbladder. Heck even after my surgery the Dr. said no adhesions, no stones, but said, "Your gallbladder did not look that bad". Did you notice he did not say it looked that good either. Anyway, I know I am going on and on, but I feel it is necessary because I was very frustrated since Nov 2002 and had it out on July 19, 2004 and no one believed me until the pathology report. Thank goodness for the pathology report.

I have so many posts out there in regards to my gallbladder my hope is if I did not give you the info you needed, my posts can. You can always PM me. Colleen PM'd me last night and she too is having the same problems.

Oh for the record, I asked why my gallbladder was not removed when I had hysterectomy. Surgeon says it is too much to go up through the abdomen, several layers, to check the gallbladder and other organs.

Well I hope you Hida Scan comes out positive for you. I read on the Internet that only 5% of the people with an INFLAMMED GALLBLADDER do not have stones. Wouldn't you know it I was in the 5%.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Take care and good luck.
Unread 07-31-2004, 11:31 PM

CARRIE, WOW! WHAT A LONG HAUL FOR
YOU BETWEEN GALL BLADDER AND ENDO!
BLESS YOU FOR WRITING AND INFORMING
US. ASSERTING YOURSELF PAID OFF,--
AN IMPORTANT LESSON. I'LL WATCH FOR
THE SIGNS YOU MENTIONED.....
LIKE YOU I'VE CONSIDERED HEPATITIS--
BUT I'VE ONLY DATED ONE MAN SINCE DIVORCE--WAS AN EX BAD A** BIKER,
BUT DIDN'T THINK I COULD CATCH MUCH
JUST SWAPPIN' SPIT (HAR !HAR!)NOW I'M WONDERING. NEVER USED DRUGS-NEVER!
THE STATS RE: 5% OF
NO STONES AND INFLAMMATION..VERY INTERESTING SORRY YOU HAD TO BE
IN THE CHOSEN FEW!!......
YOUR STORY MUST HAVE HAD AN IMPACT WITH MANY ON THE SITE. AGAIN, THANKS
SO MUCH, CARRIE--I'LL REPORT ABOUT HIDA SCAN MON. OR TUES.
BEST!
LEIGH
Unread 07-31-2004, 11:45 PM

Leigh,

I think you are right on that they are connected. There is a high percentage of gall bladder problems following hysterectomies. New research is showing that many of our "female" problems are really endocrine problems. Certainly it's been established that removing the ovaries, (huge contributors to the endocrine system), causes a multitude of health problems; and the fact that hysterectomy often leads to ovarian failure or decreased function. Therefore, it's only logical that other endocrine disorders in other organs could lead to female problems.
Unread 08-01-2004, 02:15 AM

Lucille,
If only more docs were aware of what
you posted re: endocrine system and
women's health problems.

Before the hyst, i NEVER had the joint aches, knee cramps, or aging skin! These
came on like a flood after surgery. A doc
told me that without the uterus, the anterior pituitary gland goes into overtime, producing rapid aging of skin.
Wish i'd known this before-just to study
methods to counter the process.
Could you possibly post some sites for the
info you've gleaned? I'd be interested in
learning more about endocrine disorders.
Thanks much,
Leigh
Unread 08-01-2004, 02:32 AM

Leigh,

That's the dang problem... there aren't that many "sites" to get this from. I get it from the actual medical abstracts, from researchers and doctors themselves. (There are SOME good, informed doctors.)

PM me your address and I can send you some of them if you want.

You're right about the skin. This surgery put me on the fast track to old age.
Recently my doc added DHEA to my "cocktail" of hormones and I think that it's helping my skin and dry eyes. You may want to ask your doc about that if you're not already taking it.

BTW, it was an infertility endocrinologist that finally started to help me. Wish I had seen him in the FIRST place!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register