looking for links with ovarian and cervical cancer | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

looking for links with ovarian and cervical cancer looking for links with ovarian and cervical cancer

Unread 07-28-2004, 10:43 PM
looking for links with ovarian and cervical cancer

hello my name is sheri i have a long story but will try to keep it short i went to the doc. in a town i had moved to with a back ache and they said i had an ectopic preg. so they gave me mexadextrate then they came back and said i needed a emergancy surgery and they did this thay took out the left ovari and tube well i didnt stop bleeding and the back pain was still there i moved back home went to another doc with the back ache and she did a ultrasound well showed 2 good size cyst but was told that they would desolve then she sent me to a obgyn and she did a pap oh and there was another doc befor this he treated me for a cloged colan but obgyn did a pap and just found out that i have moderate displaisa i was wondering if the cysts and dysplaisa could be conected and how sever mod. displasia is i am worried sick it seems to take so long to get in and get tested
thank you sheri
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-29-2004, 07:26 AM

Hi SassyPants

I'm not familiar with dysplasia, but wanted to say hello and that we are thinking of you as you go thru this........

I wanted to bump your post up so that one of the sisters familiar with your condition will come along to help....

best of luck to you...please keep us posted on your progress....
Unread 07-29-2004, 08:00 AM

basket hunt thank u so much for the repley i hope to here from someone that might know tx again sheri
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-29-2004, 08:11 AM

Hi, (((Sheri)))

My reply will be brief this morning--I'm headed to a doctor's appointment. But I'll answer more questions later if you still have them.

There is no link between ovarian cysts or ovarian cancer and cervical dysplasia or cervical cancer. Moderate cervical dysplasia is also termed CIN II (cervical interepithelial neoplasia). If you have CIN I (mild dysplasia) approximately 1/3 of the cells in the "skin" of the cervix are considered to be abnormal. With CIN II approximately 1/2 of the cells are considered to be abnormal. CIN III is 75%-90%, and CIS (carcinoma-in-situ) is when all of the cells in the skin of the cervix are considered to be abnormal. Following that, once the cells extend past the skin through the basement membrane in into the cervix itself, that is when it is cervical cancer.

Some cases of moderate dysplasia will reverse themselves and so some docs will take a wait and see approach. Other doctors will go ahead and act at that point and start treatment with either cryotherapy or a cone biopsy. Either way, this is a great time for you to maximze your body's defenses to help it deal with the situation at hand. Eat well. Take a multivitamin (folic acid may help us fight this infection off). Get plenty of rest. Exercise moderately. Pray/meditate/do yoga. All of these are believed to boost the body's immune function which may help you in the end.

Good luck! Please keep us posted on what decisions are made for your treatment course.

Unread 07-29-2004, 08:35 AM

Hi Shari,
When I was diagnosed with severe dysplasia, my GYN scheduled a LEEP to remove those abnormal cells. LEEP is a way of doing a cone biopsy. I found the following cervical cancer scources helpful in my journey:

http://www.mdanderson.org/diseases/cervical/

http://www.cancer.gov/cancerinfo/types/cervical/

http://www.mskcc.org/mskcc/ZZZhtml/300.cfm

http://www.cancer.org/docroot/lrn/lrn_0.asp

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register