Last Chemo, now what? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Last Chemo, now what? Last Chemo, now what?

Unread 08-01-2004, 12:07 AM
Your Answer is HERE!!!!!

ladies, your answer is here!!

i finished my chemo in April and it was a heavy dose and lost ALL hair. i was so sapped of energy, i couldn't walk two blocks without almost passing out at the corner store, and this is at age 20, so yeah, that was normal.

anyway, my hair was long enough to wear it out (no bandana) mid June, and just because i promised myself i'd do it in january, i dyed my hair fushia. (hows that for a statement!), but right now, i can style it with gel and, this has taken a while to get used to, but i have to brush my hair to keep it orderly.

it is the weirdest feeling to have your hair grow back. remember when your hair fell out, it was a little upsetting feeling the bald head. it's that feeling with the hair returning, because your so not used to it.

ENERGY - will come back. might take a while, but it's something everyone who has been through this has to work on. it's not something that comes back of its own accord, like hair.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-01-2004, 02:35 AM
Hair, what's that?

I finished my 6th and last chemo 4 weeks ago. There is no sign of hair. I await it anxiously. I have been fortunate with my treatment. My tiredness has been minimal and I am soon to turn 60. I don't know why.

My skin was much better during treatment. My psoriasis almost disappeared. A volunteer said it was because the chemo causes your skin to get rid of dead skin cells. After 4 weeks my psoriasis is starting to come back.

I worry because I did so well through the treatment perhaps it didn't work.

Best wishes to you,

LilyLulu

TAH/Fallopian tube cancer spread to uterus and cervix (rare) 2C
Unread 08-01-2004, 11:13 AM
Many thanks

Thanks to all you sisters offering me your congratulations, good wishes and advice. I really do appreciate it.

I do have some hair, but can't make up my mind whether it's going to be white, ash blonde, grey or what. I did have brown hair before. It did start growing after my 4th Chemo.

I'm to have my CT Scan on the 12th August, but the hospital appointment has come in the post saying I'm to go to clinic on the 5th October. Surely I'd don't have to wait till then for my Scan results!

I'm feeling rough today.You know the usual after having Chemo, but hopefully for the last time.

I'll try to keep you ladies up to date with my progress and I hope you will do the same.

ers and s to you all.

Tubs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-02-2004, 05:26 AM
Last Chemo, now what?

okay, this is what i think will happen

the CT scan is to look manually, although i never had one, i think that is what its for.
the hospital visit is not only to tell you the results for the CT scan, but they then do a blood test for your CA 125 count, but you said that your count wasn't that reliable, right?

the reason why you have to wait that long is because right now your CA 125 count might be low, the're just checking it's not getting significantly higher.
but that is what happened to me, except for the CT scan

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register