any motorcycle mamas out there? - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

any motorcycle mamas out there? any motorcycle mamas out there?

Unread 08-09-2004, 11:32 AM
any motorcycle mamas out there?

Hey ladies........I ride 02 HD electra glide classic fully dressed..I'm a big gal for a big bike.........hubby has same........I'm 3 weeks post op so I'm already on the back of his can't handle mine yet they are way to heavy.......I hope to soon buy a ducati ......I love the wind in my hair anytime of day.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-09-2004, 11:42 AM

Sturgis? I haven't even been to Daytona bike week, and it's just a couple of hours south. DH and friends have "been there, done that." He says the only reason they go is to see the products and the races. Yeah.

So, JackieB, you have a nice brace of Harleys at your house. "Jackie B" is what DH calls his Buell Lightning, as in "Jackie be nimble." Have fun looking for your next big bike.

Sarah
Unread 08-09-2004, 09:16 PM

My DH wanted to go to Sturgis so badly. We just couldn't afford to do it now, hopefully next year, we've never been there. A group of our friends left on Saturday and my DH pouted for awhile. Oh, well!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-09-2004, 11:36 PM
hey there

omg! who's picking me up for sturgis??? I'd prefer a nice wide seat on the back of a roaring HD. haha I wish. Sorry I dont think my Dr. would approve of me flying on the back of a motorcycle 3,000 miles away. not at 1 1/2 wks post op. Althought the cath would come in handy on the way! hahaha Beer stops n all. Anytime you ladies are down in Wash state........shoot me out a email and maybe we can get together for a cold one. Cheers and you all have a wonderful nite:X
Unread 08-10-2004, 11:47 AM

I have a '99 Sportster. Husband started working at the Harley Davidson plant when it opened here in KC in '98. Of course we had to buy one. I took a safety class and got my license. I'm still not real great at riding, but I try. I dropped it once already. My husband comes running over (I thought to check on me) but all he did was pick up the bike to see if it was alright. Thankfully I was fine or I might have been mad at him. My best friend and I went on our first ride by ourselves last year. I don't think our husbands believed we could really do it, but we did. We might have made a couple of wrong turns, but we found our way back. That was a really proud moment in my life.
Unread 08-10-2004, 01:44 PM

Hi Marney---Good for you! Thats great your out riding. One of these days I myself will take that trainer course. First we have to find a smaller bike for me to get used to. My hubby works right across the street from our HD. We have alot of women in my chapter who are beginning to ride their own awesome bikes. So I think once i've healed from this, I might get my arse into gear. Take care and see ya in the Wind.
Unread 08-10-2004, 02:48 PM

I highly recommend vtwinmama.com for riding tips and all kinds of great links. There's also a ride board. It would be fun to hook up with some of you for a ride.

Marneysue, good for you!
Unread 08-14-2004, 02:06 PM

Well, I got back on a bike today at 5 1/2 weeks. I decided to ride the lightest one, the Blast, but it's also the one with the most vibration. That was a bit uncomfortable. Still felt so good to be back on a bike.
Unread 08-14-2004, 06:18 PM

I am such a wannabe biker!!! Have wanted one for a couple of years. Can't really afford one yet... but DBF is thinking of buying a Harley again... That would be fun!!! I love screaming up the California coastline!!!
Unread 08-15-2004, 07:20 AM

Seems there's a few of us out here. Unfortunately I don't have a Harley, but I do ride a (looks like brand new) 85 Honda Shadow 500. What do you ride?

I had my TAH on June 24th and I've been afraid to get on the bike. I'm feeling good, except pretty tired by the end of the work day. Oh yes, and FAT (from this swelly belly thing). I keep on thinking that this should be long gone by now. Can't stand not fitting into my jeans.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register