any motorcycle mamas out there? - Page 5 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

any motorcycle mamas out there? any motorcycle mamas out there?

Unread 08-15-2004, 08:09 AM
any motorcycle mamas out there?

DH & I were in Milwaukee, Wisc.. on business several years ago. There was a Harley convention going on at the time and we could barely get a room reservation. The bikers were having such a good time! Perhaps we saw you there.

There is a restaurant/bar in Fairfield, OH that caters to bikers and it is packed on weekends.

For clumsy us, the perfect auto would be a disarmed army tank. We stumble though life together.

Punky
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-15-2004, 09:10 AM
Milwaukee

Some friends of mine were just up in Milwaukee (I'm from Lansing, IL) for the Harley event. Unfortunately I was recovering from my surgery so I had to pass on it. It sounded like a ton of fun and I won't miss it next year. Altough, I think I would go via car, as my Honda probably wouldn't be welcome.

Italy
Unread 08-15-2004, 12:40 PM

Dear Italy,

If the Harleys are called "hogs", maybe you could put on sign on your Honda that says "Piglet".

They really did seem to be having fun at the Harley shindig. They were the outfits and everything.

Punky
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-15-2004, 03:27 PM

I don't see why you can't ride your Honda to the Harley bash. When I go to the Harley shop with DH, I'm on anything but a Harley (not as a matter of principle, I just don't enjoy heavy bikes as much), and I've never gotten any attitude about it. One of their own mechanics rides a Triumph to work. They're mostly people who enjoy seeing other people riding motorcycles.

Just got back from a ride on the Suzuki. Ahhhh... great riding weather now the storm moved through.
Unread 08-15-2004, 08:14 PM

I dunno Punky - I wouldnt call our Honda GoldWing a piglet -- it has power and presence for sure. We love it and although my DH used to ride only Harleys, and he wanted to get another one -- I insisted on comfort. Now he has best of both worlds.
Unread 08-15-2004, 10:02 PM

That just shows you how little I know about motorcycles, diamondinruff. I always thought Harleys were the big ones because it's the only name I recognized. Probably due to the movies and the big Harley convention in Milwaukee. I'm sure there are many makes that have special features that make them better than the next.

Sure wasn't meant to put other models in a lesser catagory. What ever is out there with 2 wheels looks fun. I only wish I could do it too.

punky
Unread 08-16-2004, 07:39 AM

No worries punky - My DH also schooled me a bit --- actually the Harley Hogs are the smaller Harleys. So what are the BIGGER Harleys called?
Unread 08-16-2004, 07:51 AM

Expensive!!

My Dh is considering selling his Vulcan 1500 Classic, and putting the money into his GoldWing "wish" fund. He just found out he has carpal tunnel - within 5 minutes on his bike his hand goes numb, so he doesn't ride much right now at all. He is going to have the surgery for it, so hopefully things will be back to normal after that. I hate to see him sell the bike - he loves to ride, and I really enjoy it as well.

Krista
Unread 08-16-2004, 04:01 PM

kddy-- has your husband tried the riding gloves that have the gel pad in the palm? Harley makes several styles for men and women. They have made a huge difference in my comfort.

What's the displacement on the new Goldwings?
Unread 08-16-2004, 06:35 PM
raining here

Good Day ladies,
I just was browsing your comments about bikes and thought--- Hmmm, its raining here and it would be nice to get on the bike, but I have not been brave enough as of yet. The big Sturgis thing is this weekend isnt it? Or was it last? I dont know I guess I dont keep close track because I dont get to go.
You ladies enjoy your rides and I will be thinking about each and everyone of you, and how much fun your having. I'm still going to be a chicken for a few more weeks... Ride on ladies.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register