narnia coming? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Review It!

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

narnia coming? narnia coming?

Unread 07-29-2004, 10:07 AM
narnia coming?

Has anybody heard anything about the film they're making of "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe"? All I know is they're filming it in New Zealand.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-30-2004, 04:02 AM
Hoping and waiting

Me, me!

Tilda Swinton is gonna be the White Witch - sounds like perfect casting to me. She's not that young and has such a cold beauty.

Dawn French is going to be the voice of Mrs. Beaver - also sounds good to me.

Tumnus is being portrayed by a very major West End stage actor.

My info comes from, as usual,

www.imdb.com
Unread 07-30-2004, 07:47 AM
narnia coming?

Ooh!

I agree, Tilda Swinton will be incredible. Did you see her in The Deep End or whatever that was called?

I find myself hoping the director is familiar with the illustrations by Pauline Baynes that I grew up with. I really liked the way she imagined the scenes.

Thanks for the cool link.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-31-2004, 11:30 AM
narnia coming?

sarey --

Only saw her in Orlando, where she was a man for the 1st part of the film, and a woman for the 2nd. Based on the Virginia Woolf novel, the one she wrote for Vita Sackville-West.

If the director wasn't familiar with the Baynes illustrations at first, I'm sure someone introduced her (him?) to them. It's nice looking at the illustrations and seeing how she refined her craft.

Glad to provide links anytime!
Unread 07-31-2004, 11:47 AM
narnia coming?

Oh! I didn't realize that was her in Orlando. I would probably like that.

She also plays the mother in "The Deep End" who conceals the body of her son's lover because she thinks her son is the murderer. She gets mixed up with all kinds of nasty underworld characters and the family somehow survives. But the main thing for me was the atmosphere of the movie, very dark, slow, lots of pregnant dialogue where you wonder if somebody knows something. I'm a sucker for a good script.

Cheers!
Unread 08-02-2004, 06:38 AM
narnia coming?

So, who do you want for the voice of Aslan?

James Earl Jones or Sean Connery?
Unread 08-02-2004, 10:45 AM
narnia coming?

Oh, gosh! Those are nice voices. I always thought Aslan had a playful side, so Connery? A Scots Aslan... hmm... The nice thing about Jones, though, is his accent is so neutral. Which do you like?

I could also enjoy Avery Brooks or Patrick Stewart.

I wonder who they'll get to play the children.
Unread 08-02-2004, 10:54 PM
narnia coming?

James Earl Jones! I've been in love with his voice (you only heard him, his face was hidden by headgear) ever since Dr. Strangelove!

The kids have been cast, see IMDB. Never heard of any of those actors, though.
Unread 08-03-2004, 09:35 AM
narnia coming?

James Earl Jones or Patrick Stewart ... hmmmmmm JEJ for the bass, and richness, but Patrick Stewart -- huge favourite of mine.

I love Sean Connery too, but I think I'd crack up if he played Aslan, I don't think I could take him seriously.
Unread 08-03-2004, 10:06 AM
narnia coming?

I just googled this... countingdown.com says Dec 25, 2005 release date. Some other folks agree about Jones or Stewart. If they're already in production surely they've already got someone doing it. How tantalizing. Should be good...with the director of Shrek 1-2 on tap. I can imagine James Earl Jones growling, now can't you?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register