Discouraged | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 07-29-2004, 11:08 PM
Discouraged

I went to the doctor yesterday for my 5 week check up. I thought when I scheduled the surgery that it would be the last check up and I would be heading back to work. Wrong!
I have had alot of pain in the abdomen, it still hurts to cough, sneeze, laugh, roll over and even walk. I figured it was normal, but didn't know how I was going to handle work.

The doctor touched my stomach, after peeling me off the ceiling he asked if my stomach still hurt..uh what was your first clue. Seems I have a large hemotoma, not sure how to spell it, on the stomach above the incision. So I will be off at least 4-5 more weeks and will start physical therapy next week to first break up the bruising, then build up my strength. Has anybody else had this problem? Today I felt like I did the first week home, lots of pain, sick to my stomach and very tired. I'm giving it another month then I'm going back in time and redoing the whole thing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-29-2004, 11:23 PM
Discouraged

So sorry Grace!

I hope that all goes better for you in the next few weeks.
If it's any consolation, I also felt weird again at 3 and 4 weeks! I said the same thing..."just like the day I came home." But I did get better...slowly!
Sounds like you really need to keep tabs on this with your
!!!
Keep a journal on here...it helps the bad times feel better and the women who are lurking to relate to someone who might be feeling the same.
Unread 07-29-2004, 11:27 PM
Discouraged

Thanks 1Dragonfly. I promised I would quit whining, but the last few days have gotten me down. I know it will eventually get better, but I didn't count on all the complications. Also have PMS which is not helping at all. UGH!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-30-2004, 01:35 AM
hematoma

Grace,
had hematoma over incision following c-section years ago.
a visible lump. (Am I understanding yours as not visible?)
Hosp. released us anyway, and while nursing my son on the
stairs, the thing burst. Not painful, just a lot of blood. All i could
think was i'd get my sister-in-laws' carpet bloody.
Hope you can take as much time as possible off of work, and
do as little as possible. Seems the women who take the most
care have the best chance of a successful recovery.
take care.
Leigh
Unread 07-30-2004, 02:03 AM
Discouraged

You are oh so welcome!

Whine all you want! That's what we are here for!!!!
Unread 07-30-2004, 11:28 AM
Discouraged

The lump is visible and very painful to touch. It thought this was all normal until the doctor told me otherwise. I'm not looking forward to the ultrasound treatments tho. Was in an accident several years ago and messed up my leg. They used it on my leg then. Just the rolling across the bruised area..ouch. But I know it will help. I never thought of it bursting. That had to hurt.
Unread 07-30-2004, 11:50 AM
Discouraged

Oh my goodness Grace! what a nightmare!
I'm sorry to hear about your hematoma...I have no experience in this area (thankfully, from what you say!) but wanted to let you know that I am wishing for a speedy recovery from this newest stumbling block. You will recover, eventually...just keep reminding yourself that this is just a little set-back

Hang in there! This too shall pass!
Unread 07-30-2004, 12:40 PM
reply to discouraged

I understand anyone who has had a setback, because I did too. I had to go back in surgery 6 days after my initial surgery when having stitches out caused me to burst open enough that part of my bowel was out!!. That was 11 days ago and I am feeling great again. Also very thankful for how I am as compared to how I was then. It was quite an ordeal. So, hang in there ladies!! It does get better.
Brenda a.
Unread 07-30-2004, 01:56 PM
Discouraged

Oh dear - I hope all of the sisters who have had complications heal fast and furious!

As for feeling crummy after the doc's visit - I felt really crummy for a couple of days after my 6-week appt. I was crampy, and my incision was so much more sore than before (even though they barely pressed on it). Makes me wonder how much more I'll heal in the two additional weeks he wanted me to wait to resume "normal activities."

Esme

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register