tech couldn't 'see' it, what does that mean? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

tech couldn't 'see' it, what does that mean? tech couldn't 'see' it, what does that mean?

Unread 08-01-2004, 08:15 PM
tech couldn't 'see' it, what does that mean?

Hello ladies, I feel like I start a new topic almost on a daily basis...I'll give a quick rundown of my stats and then ask for some advice.....Hyst on Oct.3 2003 for stage IV endo and fibroids, took everything but right ovary...about six weeks ago all the old familiar pain and symptoms came back along with a few new (breast tenderness and painful bm's). Went to my dr, which I have a lot of confidence in and after examining me he found a 'mass' on my left side which he then scheduled me for an ultrasound and transvaginal ultrasound.

I had that this past Thursday and she said that she couldn't 'see' anything......what does that mean? He certainly felt something and I can feel that there is something not where it should be..The tech said it could be endo back or scar tissue...she also said my ovary was enlarged and that I had what looked like a 1-inch endometrial cyst on it.......I can't get in to see my dr until aug. 9....I think I will go mad until then!!

Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.....prayers to all for good health and God bless............
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-02-2004, 06:01 AM

Hi ladybug!

Sorry you are going thru all of this right now. I think waiting for results is the worst part!!!

Could you possibly just call your doctor and ask him for your ultrasound results? That's what I usually do, and they really do understand that you need to know......the waiting is misery!!

Do keep us posted please and let us know......
Unread 08-02-2004, 11:04 AM

I agree with basketnut!

Although the ultrasound tech might be very experienced and all s/he is not a radiologist and can't interpret the ultrasound films. If you are worried, and I can't blame you, call the Dr's office and see if they can tell you what the offifical report says.

One other possibility, I had a cyst that was senstive to my cycle so some times it would be larger than at other times. I guess almost anything is possible.

Good luck, I'll keep you in my prayers

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register