Lupron!!oh My Gosh!!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Lupron!!oh My Gosh!!!! Lupron!!oh My Gosh!!!!

Unread 08-05-2004, 11:20 AM
Lupron!!oh My Gosh!!!!

hI SYSTERS,
Just had surgery on July 23, doing excellent. praise god. Walking and doing very well. The surgery lasted more than 45 minutes. 3 hours and a half later surgery was done. Doc removed my left ovary, anexla mass, endo and repair my colon. Do to endo. No Hysterectomy!, but she wants to in six weeks give me shots of LUPRON and I have read bad side effects and I am not doing it. NO way I have three little ones and I wont be able to do what i would normaly do with this lupron injection. Have you guys heard about this lupron shot?

Have a great day!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-05-2004, 11:50 AM
Lupron!!oh My Gosh!!!!

my dr. suggested the lupron injection last year and I did the same thing. Came home, read about it, said "not a chance" I have 2 little ones and theres no way. I cannot have anymore children anyways and cant deal with the painanymore. So now its Hyster time. I am ready but nervous about the hrt.
Unread 08-05-2004, 04:57 PM
Lupron!!oh My Gosh!!!!

Mazz,

I did (3) months of lupron shots to shrink my fibroids for my LSH surgery. Would I do it again?? Yes...since it got me to a less evasive hyst.

Yes...with lupron, there were side effects like hot flashes and night sweats. A plus was my fibroids went down so it relieved a lot of pelvic pressure I had.

Sounds like you might want to talk with your Dr. again. Have her tell you the pros and cons again. If your Dr. wants to prescribe it, it must be for a good reason.

And...the final decision on lupron will be yours.

Good Luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-06-2004, 03:48 PM
Lupron!!oh My Gosh!!!!

In June, I had a 3 month shot of Lupron. This is to prepare me for balloon ablation in Sept or later. I have heavy, heavy bleeding/clots and low hemo. I had a period right after the shot, which was on schedule, but it lasted over 2 weeks, which was unusal for me. But since then, I haven't had a period. I haven't had much for night sweats either. And no hot flashes. For me it has been great. The only thing I'm having trouble with is the insurance company not paying for it (OUCH!!) still working with them on that part.
Everyone is different. Do a search on HysterSisters and you'll find lots of responses, good and bad. Just depends on what you have going on with you.
Idette
Unread 08-08-2004, 05:41 PM
Lupron!!oh My Gosh!!!!

I had a three month Lupron injection on April 30th to shrink my fibroids for my August 5th hysterectomy. During that three months the only symptoms I had were an occasional minor hot flash and nightsweat. I took Norethindrone Acetate (synthetic progestin) to counteract the menopausal symptoms caused by Lupron.

When the Lupron was wearing off I had about 4 days of intense menstrual type cramping, and I did not suffer from cramps prior to my Lupron shot.

My hysterectomy was about a week after my Lupron was wearing off, and because the Lupron had shrunk the fibroids I was able to have a total vaginal hysterectomy---no incision. I am now 3 days post op and feeling great. I can hardly believe I just had major surgery.

Would I take the Lupron again if I had it to do over? Yes! The vaginal hyst. recovery sure beats dealing with an incision!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register