OMG I am so BORED !! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

OMG I am so BORED !! OMG I am so BORED !!

Unread 08-05-2004, 01:58 PM
OMG I am so BORED !!

I'm two weeks post-op from TAH/BSO , and on my own in the house today for the first time. My surgery was very complicated due to a previous surgery, and took 6 hours (instead of 1.5) due to the number of adhesions. I find it difficult, to bend, reach, lift, pull or push anything and so I don't.

I walk for 15 minutes of each hour, covering a distance that used to take me 5 or 6 minutes. But that leaves me 45 minutes of each hour to fill, and I am sick of the television, have spent a fortune already at Blockbuster, am sick of reading (!!!!!) and can only sit upright at the table, desk or computer for about 20 minutes at a time.

My cupboards are FULL of snacks, chocolates, and the like from well meaning friends and family. I have to assume they were well meaning, anyway....

My digestive system has returned pretty much to normal, so I probably could eat them without the pain they would have caused a week ago, but I don't want to...

I'm hoping that those who've been here might be able to come up with something to keep me occupied, so if you have anything you think I could do given my physical limitations that will keep me from spending my day eating my way out of boredom, I would sure welcome the ideas!!

Michele
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-05-2004, 02:13 PM
OMG I am so BORED !!

Hi Michele, we have the same surgery date. Today seems to be a truly boring day. I. Yesterday i was S L ooowly walking down my driveway w/my dogs and i could see something looking at me in the field. I was 6' from it when my dh came home and the thing that had been watching me jumped up. It was a coyote. great. Now everyone's upset if i walk alone. So i pace the house
Unread 08-05-2004, 02:33 PM
OMG I am so BORED !!

Do you have any photos that need organizing and/or labeling? Have someone drag them out for you. That's one of my post-surgery plans for when I can't stand staring at the walls anymore.

I'm also a knitter, so I plan on doing alot of that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-05-2004, 02:49 PM
Things to do

My kids have a Playstation II system and I bought some games to play on it. I also took my computer home from work and worked my emails which helped a lot. Read read read; magazines, books, whatever. I also wrote all my thank you cards and wrote hand-written letters to people that normally just get emails.
Unread 08-05-2004, 10:23 PM
OMG I am so BORED !!

Hi Michele!
I am right there with you in your bordom boat!! If you have aol then try slingo, it is a great game that makes the time go by. Also, ebay is fun if you like to shop, there isn't anything that isn't on there, and then it's fun to get stuff in the mail when you win the auction. Hang in there.....this can't last forever. You can email me if you like. I had my surgery on 8-2-04 so I still have a long way to go.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register