Date for work return and healing pains! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Date for work return and healing pains! Date for work return and healing pains!

Unread 08-05-2004, 02:13 PM
Date for work return and healing pains!

Hi

Well I have my date for going back to work as 6th September! My work is fine with that and as my sick note covers my big holiday I am also able to use some of my holiday entitlement to allow a phased return of two weeks half days followed by a three day week then a four day one. My boss is so understanding its great.

I popped into work to hand in my sick note and everyone was fine and was nice to be there but one lady who had been using my desk has totally trashed it. Pen marks and keyboard wrist rest a totall disaster area. So much for looking after other peoples stuff! Makes me cross, I would certainly look after her desk if I had to use it. I have pride and respect for stuff and well GRRRRRR!!! It felt so strange to be in work even just for that hour I had the shakes and everything.

Anyway I am still getting the odd tummy pain stabbing muscle spasms etc and the doc said that it is nerves coming back to life and healing pain. Any idea when these will ease off?! As I sit and type here it feels like a small donkey has kicked me in the gut. Oh well a small price to pay to remove all the other problems but to have an idea of when they ease off would be nice. The doc said not to worry about them. Well I dont but ow!

Take care folks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-05-2004, 03:44 PM

Hi Looby-
That's horrible about your desk! Luckily- my sister took over my job for me while I was gone- she's a neat freak- more than I am, so it was spotless!!
I had the same pains- more of a pinching for me around the incision site. I'm almost 5 months post op- and still get those pinches once in awhile when I wear a tighter pair of jeans, or lean up against the counter the wrong way. Some people have itching around their incision too- even 6 months post-op!
Really, everyone's healing time is different, and it will take your body as long as it needs to to heal all those nerves back together. I've been told that it will take up to a full year to heal fully inside - hopefully these twinges will wear off by then. It's just once in awhile it just hits me - and ouch!

Chantale
Unread 08-05-2004, 03:50 PM

Thanks for that reassurance. I am certainly feeling more of myself now and glad that the brain fog finally went away!

Take care
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-05-2004, 04:08 PM

Hi! Loo; We had the same surgery date, as I sit here I keep having pains on the scar and just below it like right on the bone. I was at the doc. yesterday and she didn't seem to concerned about it at all (she must here it all the time) She says she tells women to give it a full 3 months. It is still healing in there a lot was done not just the things they removed but all the moving around of every thing else in there. I recon will be yelled at by all those nerves a while longer. 3 1/2 months if I'm still dealing with to much. I'm going to march right back in there or somewhere else. Thats crap that lady can't do no better then that. I with you on that I take care of other peoples better then my own. I was taught that there should be no trace of you ever being there. I work in a printing dept. and ink gets everywhere it drives me crazy though when someone don't take off there gloves when they go to the computer. I'll sit there and wipe the keys one by one. (when I am not busy of corse) and I don't work at the same printer all the time. So I'll get one area the way I like it then I'll be somewhere else. Drives me nuts. Shouldn't be a clean freak in a printing dept! By the way Lucky Dog I had to go back the 26th of July 12hr ****s at night. I thought I'd die the first night. worked 2 days then was off for 4 went back for 3 and by the 3rd I was surprized at how less the pain was. When I first went back, my back felt like it was breaking in two I took 4 advil when I went in 2 5hrs later then 2 more a little later. this past tuesday night my back really didn't bother me. It will get better, I know my back used to hurt if I layed around to much befor so I think were stiff along with everything else. Take care..... And take your cleaning supplies with you when you go back.:hair: >>>>>>>>>>KIM
Unread 08-05-2004, 04:45 PM

Good to hear from you Looby
I go back Aug 23 we think. I expect to take about an hour or more a day or two straightening out my"office" when I get back to it. And cleaning it too probably.

and Gypsy, I cleanest neat freak I know is a printer. AN old fashioned printing press printer. He has to wear white pants at work and they are spotless and his hands are never dirty unless he is cleaning the press.
Unread 08-05-2004, 05:27 PM

Looby-

I loved reading your post, it's reassuring to know other women think about what their desk will look like when they return to work! I had my surgery on 6/8/04 and returned to work on 8/03/04 - I was so sure I was going to be just fine - like nothing ever happened! lol I can not get over how tired I am when I come home at night. I was also surprised at the brain fog, I couldn't remember anything! Well, I'm subscribing to the "one day at a time" theory. I'm sure that things will slowly get better.
By the way, my desk was neat and clean, thanks to some great friends at work!
Unread 08-05-2004, 07:55 PM

Hi Looby

Thanks for the E mail. I was so glad to hear from you. I have been thinking about you and hoping that you were doing better. It sounds like your really progressing. I was until Sat. I stood up at work and felt a terrible ripping type of pain down on my lower left side. Wed. I felt better, so I went for a walk,then took a warm bath. After I dried off I felt like I was peeing myself, so I ran to the toilet. It was light red blood. It did stop and haven't seen any today. I had that ripping pain again last night when I rolled over in bed. Just doesn't make sense!!! The last 3 weeks have been wonderful!!
I called my dr. he wasn't in today, but the nurse talked to another one in the office. He said I can expect to feel these type of pains and spotting for several more months yet! unbelievable. I only spotted once at 2 weeks.
Haven't you had adhesions previously? What do they feel like? I am so worried with me being superwoman so early and for so long, that I will get them. I deserve them I guess.
Take care of yopurself and enjoy your flo free holiday!!! LOL

Peggy
Unread 08-06-2004, 03:16 AM

Hello all. Hi Peg, sorry to hear that you have been feeling peeky again.

Yes I have had adhesions before and probably will again. For my experience they stuck everything up and one night I rolled in bed and literally felt a twang like a rubber band breaking inside. Coo the pain for a moment was terrible but then it eased off. I can only assume adhesion band breaking. Each time I had surgery they said there was inflammation and adhesions so who knows what goes on in there.

I hope that you feel better soon. Apart from tummy pains everything else seems fine and my back doesnt hurt anymore unless my tummy does so that must be referred pain.

Its all just adjustments that we must make I guess.

I am not even trying to think about my poor desk now until after I get back. It was bought especially for me and my back problem and cost my employer a lot of money so it makes me doubly annoyed to see that someone isnt taking care of it because they dont care about work. Even if you dont enjoy your job no point in making your workspace a pigsty! Ooh getting cross again so will stop there!!!
Unread 08-06-2004, 03:28 AM

Hi Looby

I haven't got my date for work yet but I think I shall go back on Wed 18th 3 days, take a day hol the next week and do 4 days and then it is bank hol another 4 days then right back inti it YUK!!
As for desks my department has moved floors so my desk will have all been packed up along with files etc so i have no idea where I will be sitting when I get back. Have also found out the cmpany has been sold while I've been off which is making me a bit anxious because we have really good terms and condition ( The time I have been with the company entitles me to 6 months paid leave in a rolling year, most years I don't need it but it has meant I haven't needed to rush back because of financial reasons) I'll find out more when I go back. Hope you enjoy your holiday.

Pezzer
Unread 08-06-2004, 03:37 AM

Pezzer - good luck to you let us know how you get on. I hope to enjoy the holiday but it is a challenging driving trip albeit as passenger. Take care

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register