Surgery's over | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery's over Surgery's over

Unread 08-06-2004, 07:34 AM
Surgery's over

Hello,

I dont know where to post anymore. I am out of the hospital, thank god. I am on some very good pain med's so I apologize if this post is a little screwy. I am up and walking. I had surgery they found that instead of one huge cyst I had two large cyst that somewhat attached to themselves. Both cysts where coming from both ovarys. They were chocolate cysts so they had break them open so they could save parts of both ovarys. At first they were going to rip out the one ovary but with two cysts they had to cut chunks out of my ovaries so I could retain partial ovarys on both sides. They had to reconstruct my fallopin tube. I was diagnoised with stage 4 endo. So I will go on Lupron(?) to put me into premenupausel. Because they dont want me to produce any estrogen because the endo feeds on that. Once I want to have kids I will have to go into the doctors so we can make a game plan. I will probably only have 1 kid because I think they will do a hysterectomy. The only reason they didnt do it during surgery is that they wanted to give me a chance to have a child. I was in surgery longer than expected because they had to get rid of the endo as much as they could. I ended up losing a lot of blood from the cysts and I had to have 2 bags of a blood. I found out that I am B- and I guess thats rare so in a year I will donate blood. They had to put staples in because of the time I was under along with a breathing tube. The tube gave me a fat lip and I was pale from the loss of blood so I looked like I was in bad shape. But they did the best they could. I dont have cancer the CA-125 test came out high because of the endo. I got my epidural out yesterday and my cathader so I got to go home. I am walking around so my bowels will wake up and I am even able to sit. Next week the staples come out. They were really suprised that I had stage 4 because I am only 19 so it has been going on for a while, but I am glad it is all over. So I will update later I am really tired right know so I am going to go.
Solstice
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-06-2004, 07:43 AM
Surgery's over

Solstice. I am glad the surgery is behind you and that you don't have cancer!! I know endo is hard too, but hopefully it will be successfully treated. Rest and recover well.
Unread 08-06-2004, 08:09 AM
Surgery's over

solstice!

I'm so happy to hear from you! Sounds like good news; I am relieved that you dont' have cancer! YAY!

You'll deal with the endo and fertility later; at least you have options right now, which especially due to your age is a very, very good thing.

I hope your recovery is smooth and quick!
Welcome home!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-06-2004, 08:13 AM
Surgery's over

Hi ((Solstice)) I am so happy to hear you don't have cancer. It looks like your doctor is trying to get a grip on the endo and that is good too. Please get lots of rest and be a good so your healing goes well. s, peggiesue
Unread 08-06-2004, 11:21 AM
Surgery's over

s Solstice

Huge congrats on finding no cancer!!!
It sounds as though the surgeon did all he could to preserve your fertility.
Continue smooth healing.

karenann
Unread 08-06-2004, 11:29 AM
No Cancer!

That's great news!!!!!! Now don't overdo during recovery and let's hope you can have that child.
Unread 08-06-2004, 02:32 PM
Surgery's over

HUGE :hugS

I am glad that you are home and doing okay, I am sorry to hear that you have stage 4 endo, but glad that it wasn't cancer. You be a good and take care of your self.

God Bless

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register