what do you think, opinions needed | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

what do you think, opinions needed what do you think, opinions needed

Unread 12-07-2000, 07:59 PM
what do you think, opinions needed

o.k sorry to bug you again but i have a question. i had my lavh on 12/5 yes, only 2 days ago. i'm doing good, made it out of the castle yesterday. i'm up walking not to much of a problem, taking it slow through, sleeping, and sitting. here is my question. tomorrow afternoon is the company christmas party. i work at a nursing home. do you think it would be o.k. to stop in just for about 30 minuites or so. they can get me a wheel chair so i won't have to be up walking. i am very close to everyone i work with, i am a cna, and thank god my coworkers have been over here at night giving me a hand because my hubby works nights. if i go i will be well taken care of. just for 30 min. what do you think? is this a stupid idea or what. Thanks for the help
hugs,
nocluegirl
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-07-2000, 08:07 PM

Nocluegirl....do you have someone to take you, & bring you home, too? I don't want to encourage you to go, or not to go...it depends on how you are feeling. But, one thing is for sure, I wouldn't over do it if you go. Stay only a brief time, & get back home to put your feet up & rest. I would only go if someone could drive me, & be with me the whole time, then bring me home, & even stay with me for a little while after that; if no one else is going to be home when you get there. Just to make sure you tolerate it ok, before having to be by yourself. I was one of the stubborn ones who over did it big time right after I got home. It set me back at least a week on my recovery, & I felt absolutely horrible for the rest of that week. Just don't push yourself, or over do. Visiting for a very brief time shouldn't hurt, but I would only go under the circumstances that I talked about above.
Hugs
Karen
TAH/BSO 103100
Unread 12-07-2000, 08:08 PM

nocluegirl, please remember that this is coming from a LIW, not a Crown

Now, coming from someone who is REALLY clueless, I would think that, as long as you listen to what your body is saying, there shouldn't be any problem with you going for a short time, especially if you can rest.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-08-2000, 09:13 AM

Nocluegirl - My opinion is don't go. You just never know what will happen...even with lots of precautions. Think about the "what ifs". Even if someone drives you there and home..you're still going to have to get in and out of the car...ride to nursing home..get in and out of car there...to get in wheelchair. Then everything is reversed to come home...just for a 30 minute stay at co. Christmas party. That's not counting the time you'll spend getting dressed and ready to go. At two days post op taking a shower was my biggest task of the day.

Please think it over carefully..you have LOTS of internal stitches that need to heal...undo pressure on those stitches that early may cause problems.
Unread 12-08-2000, 11:32 AM

Maybe you could call and say hi to everybody on the conference phone?

Or if you *have to* go, stay for 5-10 minutes. Say hello, wave that Princess wave, and go home and rest. Leave the car running.

I got a little ambitious after my hysteroscopy/laparascopy (drove to the store to get dinner stuff), and really wiped myself out.

At least, given your line of work, if you went you'd get good care and sympathy, and could even lie down if needed.
Unread 12-08-2000, 12:05 PM

I'm kind of going to be in the same boat. I go in Tues. 12/12 for a TAH and hope to be discharged that Thurs. a.m. and my daughters 1st preschool Christmas program is at 1:00 on Thursday. I really want to go. I've been so looking forward to it. The teachers have said it will only last 10-15 minutes tops. I don't want to overdo it but I also don't want to disapoint my daughter. She is a definite mamma's girl. So if I feel ok will sitting for 10-15 minutes do any harm?! Opinions?
Unread 12-08-2000, 12:41 PM

No! Don't risk infection or get too tired. You have ONE I repeat ONE chance to heal right. Don't blow it clueless.

Rest! Enjoy your time. You can always make up for it later by taking a special little something to coworkers/patients after the holidays. Sales will be great then

(((hugs)))
Sherl
Unread 12-08-2000, 12:47 PM

LADIES...
THE FIRST FEW WEEKS R SO IMPORTANT IN HEALING PROPERLY. U HAVE ONLY ONE CHANCE TO HEAL RIGHT. THERE WILL BE LOTS OF OTHER CHRISTMAS PARTIES AT WORK. BABBALOU..IT MIGHT BE HARD FOR YOUR DAUGHTER TO UNDERSTAND BUT MAYBE SOMEONE CAN VIDEOTAPE HER PROGRAM AND U CAN WATCH IT TOGETHER. THE DAY I CAME HOME FROM THE HOSPITAL I WAS REALLY EXHAUSTED. TAKE CARE OF YOURSELVES FIRST LADIES.

PEACE AND LOVE..
PACOMA
TAH/BSO 1/2000

LIFE IS FILLED WITH ENDLESS OPPORTUNITES FOR INFINITE HAPPINESS
Unread 12-08-2000, 02:32 PM

I would not go if I were you (and I had my TVH on Tuesday as well). You don't want to risk chance of infection (getting sick from someone at the party) or overdo it and set back recovery. I am debating whether I should go to a christmas party that is a week from Saturday.

This is the time to heal and I know you want to be there for your co-workers (and the one who wants to go to the Christmas program for her daughter-I can truly understand) but it is more important to heal properly.

My daughter has a Christmas program next wek at 7 p.m. at night and I do not think I will be going. I am exhausted by 10 in the morning. I cannot imagine going out at night !

I know my daughter will understand and my husband will video tape it and we can all watch it together at home.

I need to go back to bed now. Please rest and take care of you.
Unread 12-08-2000, 03:44 PM

Well, I think you are all right. I think I am kidding myself for even thinking going to my daughters Christmas program is a reality. I've called my husband at work and he has 2 potential video cameras he can borrow. Good idea for my daughter and me to sit and watch it together. It won't be the same but better than nothing. Maybe my husband can call me on the cell phone when it starts and hold it up so I can hear them sing! Boo Hoo I'm getting teary just thinking about it.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register